Ebay Auction Snipers

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Ebay Auction Snipers

Post by camelott112 »

:lol: stupid ebay everytime i think i have them outbid at the last second oh well just gotta keep trying :lol:

Split -HJ
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I think there are quite a few people using the sniper programs.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

stupid sniper programs well its old fashioned for this boy my theory is you do it old school would you rather have one of moms blue berry pies or a frozen betty crocker
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:alert: ALERT :alert:

OFF TOPIC

Sniper programs????

Am on dial up, could use one! Dowload.com? :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

f9k9 wrote::alert: ALERT :alert:

OFF TOPIC

Sniper programs????

Am on dial up, could use one! Dowload.com? :lol:
f9k9 - you've got mail :-)
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I finally broke down and tried one.

I have been trying to get a SWR meter for quite a while, and kept getting outbid in the last minute.

This one allows four free snipes - Auction Sniper

I was sucessful.

I hate'm , but they do work.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Yeah - I've been using auctionsniper for a while -- I sent an invite to f9k9 - that way if he signs up, I get a few free snipes.

So if anyone else wants to try it out, let HJ send you an invite so he can get a few freebies too.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

adrenalnjunky wrote:Yeah - I've been using auctionsniper for a while -- I sent an invite to f9k9 - that way if he signs up, I get a few free snipes.

So if anyone else wants to try it out, let HJ send you an invite so he can get a few freebies too.
Resend the invite or invite me HJ. If you sent it email I may have thought it was spam and deleted it.

Thanks,

Reed
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:...invite me HJ. ...
Auctionsniper email sent :D

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:
f9k9 wrote:...invite me HJ. ...
Auctionsniper email sent :D
thanks, HJ :thumb:
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

HenryJ wrote:I finally broke down and tried one.

I have been trying to get a SWR meter for quite a while, and kept getting outbid in the last minute.

This one allows four free snipes - Auction Sniper

I was sucessful.

I hate'm , but they do work.
What kind of SWR meter are you after? I had a couple around here someplace. Both were CB range.. Only one I have for the ham bands I'm keeping :wink:
I have an MFJ-269
It does everything from 450mhz on down and doesnt have a radio plugged into the antenna to do it.. No emissions from the antenna at all and you get a more accurate tune. It will do CB in there also (27-28mhz area). They havea cheaper version that doesnt do the higher frequency stuff, but does all the same funcitons on the lower end that works good in CB also.
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

kf6kmx wrote:...What kind of SWR meter are you after?...
I needed one for 140-512mhz.

I will need it to tune my antennas , plus the fleet at work :D

That MJF is nice , but pricey. I bought a Diamond SX-400

- ThunderII KE7CSK
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

HenryJ wrote:
kf6kmx wrote:...What kind of SWR meter are you after?...
I needed one for 140-512mhz.

I will need it to tune my antennas , plus the fleet at work :D

That MJF is nice , but pricey. I bought a Diamond SX-400
Yeah, it was a tax return purchase last year :)

The Diamond is a good unit!
Depending on which antenna you get for the dual band, most are pre-tuned. You can fine tune a little, but it isnt as bad as older CB antennas. In fact my primary use for the MFJ is coax loss work (it has coax loss detection, length, and a whole lot of functions with the LCD display).. Its amazing how much cox loss idfference there is.. I have seen a relatively short run , but depending on the freq, its up to 4 to 7 db loss in the cable, almost cancelling out the 7db gain in the antenna it is hooked to!
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Anybody need to sign up for Auctionsniper?
I could use some more free snipes. I can receive free snipes from a referral. I you get free snipes for joining.
Let me know and I'll send you an invite!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Anybody need to sign up for Auctionsniper?
I could use some more free snipes. I can receive free snipes from a referral. I you get free snipes for joining.
HJ, if you run out of free snipes it is ok. I ran out months ago, paid them 5 bucks through paypal, made beau coup successful snipes and still have a credit of $3.70 in my sniper accout. They must charge like 10 cents per snipe.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Anybody need to sign up for Auctionsniper?
HJ, if you run out of free snipes it is ok. I ran out months ago, paid them 5 bucks through paypal, made beau coup successful snipes and still have a credit of $3.70 in my sniper accout. They must charge like 10 cents per snipe.
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

HJ

Send me an invite. Marsha has been getting outbid on her Brighton jewelry stuff. Lord knows I have to keep Marsha happy :lol: The more money I can save her the more money I can put in my truck. :angel:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sent :) Thanks!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
rick
Crew
Crew

Post by rick »

I am a regular Ebayer. I use high speed cable that is supposidly 600x faster than dial up. I usually am signed into two screens. On the first I enter my highest bid and go as far as too confirm the bid. The second screen I use to watch the time count down to seven seconds , switch screens, hit confirm and my bid is in usually with two seconds left. I have never lost and auction this way. 99% of the time I will never bid on an item till the end because you end up bidding against youself and provoc a bidding frenzy. I will never bid on an item in which a person with zero feedback is running up the price or a person with lots of negitives. If its a higher priced item I will check the bidders history of prior bidding, I have found that alot of inexperianced people will bid on items driving up the price with no intentions of even thinking about buying it. I will wait for the same item in another auction. Its almost 7 years on Ebay for me.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

rick wrote:... watch the time count down to seven seconds , switch screens, hit confirm and my bid is in usually with two seconds left. I have never lost and auction this way...
exactly what Auctionsniper does for me :mg: I input my maximum bid and wait for it to close to see if I win.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

What is a auctionsniper? :?
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

A service in which you submit a maximum bid for an item on ebay. The service waits until the last minute, or numbers of seconds you specify to bid. It then submits a bid just beyond the current bid up to your maximum in the last few seconds of the auction. Hopefully no one else will have time to out bid you. If you have ever been beaten in the last few seconds of an auction. It is likely that someone was using a sniper. There are some with fast connections that have time to watch their auctions close and bid in the last few seconds, but I bet there are not too many doing that anymore. This service does that for us now.

A sniper for auctions. You can get more information here : Auctionsniper

- ThunderII KE7CSK
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

thanks now i know
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]