Non cassette console into my truck with cassette console.

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Patrick

Non cassette console into my truck with cassette console.

Post by Patrick »

Looking for some help. I was wondering if I bought this console, would I be able to remove my console with built-in cassette. I have not used this since I bought my truck.

Thanks.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

huh? a whole console...the dash?
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
Jim

Re: Non cassette console into my truck with cassette console

Post by Jim »

Patrick wrote:Looking for some help. I was wondering if I bought this console, would I be able to remove my console with built-in cassette. I have not used this since I bought my truck.

Thanks.
I would unplug the connections to the radio & see if the radio / CD works ok & if it does... buy a console off ebay that is the right kind.

I just bought one from a guy on S-10 planet to customize for my truck. This is the style you need not the color. I paid $60.00 + shipping this one brought $98.00 on ebay it was new in box.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

oh...
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

It will work, you will just have to cut off the front mounting bolts and weld them to the transmission hump in a different spot to hold down the front of the console as the mounting points are different.

Instead of doing that a lot of guys have put cb's into the empty slot where the tape player was and it looks real nice.
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]