t-bar ?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

t-bar ?

Post by ZIGGY K »

Is it O.K. to crank one side of the c.c. more then the other ? I've noticed that the drivers side sits lower then the passenger. Also, would a half or three quarter inch adjustment be safe without worrying about boots ?
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

That has been the case with a lot of others here. One side higher than the other. To my knowledge no one has suffered any terrible damage as a result of leveling out via tortion bar tweaking. The key in my opinion is moderation. You don't want to have one bottomed out and the other exposing two inches of thread.

There's a thread around here somewhere that detailed the GM specs regarding just how far the t-bars can or cannot be cranked.

Also, any adjustment to either or both t-bars will interfere with wheel alignment. Be prepared to have front end realigned immediately after any such adjustment.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

That's the best way to level the truck. I doubt you'll have any problems with 3/4" to 1", as long as they're not cranked up already. Check your Z height measurements and stuff to make sure your bars aren't cranked already if you bought your truck used. If that's the case, you may just need to let one side down instead of going up.

EDIT: Never mind. That's what I get for leaving the PC with the reply screen up for 15 minutes :p Barch has it covered :D
Last edited by Walt on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

THANKS,BARCH
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

Wamason, you can never have to much good information. That's what makes this sight great !!! THANKS