Does anybody know anything about this Seafoam stuff?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

Does anybody know anything about this Seafoam stuff?

Post by Jim »

On the forum for the wifes car Audiworld they are alway real particular about additives but they seem to swear by this one.
http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I realize that the stuff claims to do so many things to all engines and their components that it can't be true but, it works!:thumb:

I panic when I get down to two cans on my shelf. I used it on my '97 ZR2 and my wife's old explorer and it really helped both of them! Smoothed them out, removed any hesitation that they had and when added to the oil, really cleaned out old build up. Probably not needed if using synthetic oils.

I have not started using it with my CC (under 7K) but have on wife's cavalier.

Worked wonders on my lawn mowers and weedeater.

I probably would not have beleieved it or tried it if, a good friend of mine had not suggested it.

For the cleaning of the intake valves and pistons, I just pulled my brake booster vacum line and slowly poured pored 1/2 pint in the booster line and put the rest in with a full tank. Do it outside when you have a breeze or else that cloud of smoke created will a problem near a street with loss of visibility for traffic.

I recommend it and if there are non believers out there, invest five bucks, try it and if it doesn't help, then you can knock the product.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I've been using it too. You could probably just quote Reed's post above. that sum's it up for me.

It can really help out a high mile vehicle that is all carboned up.

I too have not been adding it to the crew. I've just been adding some inexpensive Valvoline Synthetic injector cleaner every third oil change. You could probably use the Seafoam for this maintainance dose as well.

I have been using the Seafoam TransTune for transmission services. It really seems to be a pretty good varnish breaker. I add it to a warm transmission , drive it through all the gears, about 15 minutes run time. Then change the filter and exchange the fluid. I have not lost a transmission since I started this program four years ago.

I would give the Seafoam a :thumb: ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:bump:

Thought that a "bump" would be helpful since we have grown over a hundred members since I joined in May of 2004 :idea:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

f9k9 wrote::bump:

Thought that a "bump" would be helpful since we have grown over a hundred members since I joined in May of 2004 :idea:
:D :D :D :D :D
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Since I've seen this many times but never understood it, just what exactly is a "Bump"?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Rusty wrote:Since I've seen this many times but never understood it, just what exactly is a "Bump"?
It brings the topic back on top (active again)
Best Regards, Jim
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Jim wrote:
Rusty wrote:Since I've seen this many times but never understood it, just what exactly is a "Bump"?
It brings the topic back on top (active again)
Oh. Duh! Well, between this and the heated mirror / rear window defroster discussion, now I really feel like an idiot.

I'll crawl back under my rock and hide now.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

So I just did the Seafoam treatment to my Tahoes intake , my neighbors almost called the fire department when they saw the huge cloud of black smoke pouring out the exhaust.Image. I ran Deep Creep into the throttle body as well. I had added SeaFoam to the oil yesterday morning and drove it to work and back, when I changed the oil it looked like tar. Took it for a test drive and seems to run really smooth and the cloud of smoke mostly went away after 5 miles or so.
I just pulled the PCV valve and let that suck up the treatment out of a container.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]