265/70SR-15?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

265/70SR-15?

Post by killian96ss »

Does anyone know if a 265/70SR-15 will fit the stock rims and stock ride height on a 2001 Crew Cab? Thanks to anyone who replies, Steve K.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

I think a 265/70-15 is pretty much a 30x10.5x15 tire so it will be just about 30" tall but wider than a 9.5 so it will def. rub since 30x9.5 will rub on a stock crew. I think the tire will "fit" but will rub without any lift of somekind. My stock 235/75-15 rub the ZR5 flares in front already stock!

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

Conman wrote:My stock 235/75-15 rub the ZR5 flares in front already stock!

Con

He's right on the rubbing part. Con, I have stock 235/75r15 (Bridgestone Dueler A/t) on mine and they don't come close to rubbing anything, are your t-bars a little de-cranked?
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I had my 30x9.5's on when I was still stock and they never rubbed at all except when I disconnected the swaybar for off-roading and rolled over some pretty good bumps and rocks. When the swaybar was connected, it never rubbed at all...even when turning into my driveway which has a 4" rolled edge curb to go over. A 265/70 has a 29.6 diameter and about a 10.5 section width, so there should be no problem. My 30x9.5's are 29.5 dia and 10.4 sec width, which is basically the same, and like I said...they were fine.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Dragonmaster wrote:

Con

He's right on the rubbing part. Con, I have stock 235/75r15 (Bridgestone Dueler A/t) on mine and they don't come close to rubbing anything, are your t-bars a little de-cranked?

it will rub but only once in a while. It will normally rub when I make a turn while hitting a dip in the road. It only appears to hit the fender flare in front so I'm assuming it will not hit if you don't have the ZR5 flares. I tried to get the dealer to crank the t-bars but they said they could not get it to rub. I talked to a ZR5 owner with 30x9.5 and he says even with a t-bar crank, it still rubs in front on the flares. I think the ZR5 flares eats into the wheel well area compared to non-flared crews.

Con
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Conman wrote:
Dragonmaster wrote:

Con

it will rub but only once in a while. It will normally rub when I make a turn while hitting a dip in the road. It only appears to hit the fender flare in front so I'm assuming it will not hit if you don't have the ZR5 flares. I tried to get the dealer to crank the t-bars but they said they could not get it to rub. I talked to a ZR5 owner with 30x9.5 and he says even with a t-bar crank, it still rubs in front on the flares. I think the ZR5 flares eats into the wheel well area compared to non-flared crews.

Con

Yeah...it probably depends a lot on the tires too. I haven't found any 30x9.5's yet that have a 10+ section width like mine do. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

ive got a 2003 ZR5 w/ flares and 30x9.5 R15 Bridgestone Duelers and theyve never rubbed, they might rub if im hitting a hard bump and making they tightest turn i can, but they havent come slose to the flare, if your rubbing w/ stock on there might be something wrong
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

check to see that the tires are in the same position front to back in each of your front wheel wells. The cabs/fenders on these trucks have been known to be bolted down crokked once in a while. There is a little adjustment in the body mounts that you could maybe use to straighten it out if it is crooked.
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Dragonmaster wrote:check to see that the tires are in the same position front to back in each of your front wheel wells. The cabs/fenders on these trucks have been known to be bolted down crokked once in a while. There is a little adjustment in the body mounts that you could maybe use to straighten it out if it is crooked.

Everything looks straight but I think mine is lower in front than most. Like I said before, it probably just needs a t-bar crank to fix it but I was trying to get the dealer to do it. Looking at the flares, they do look like they eat into the wheel well space a little. For the rub to happen, you do have to be moving at a good pace and make a turn at the same time hitting a bump. It does not appear to happen when going fast in a straight line. If you have the 235/70 tires I bet it won't rub at all. It has not rubbed since then as I have not been on that road that it did it on so it's not a big deal. But I bet that most ZR5 with the 235/75(or larger) tire making a turn and hitting a dip(compressing the suspension), they might get a quick rub. The Other ZR5 owner I talked to said his did rub with the 235/75 the same way so maybe cause we had the early ZR5, they were lower from the factory up front. Who knows.

So since I'm looking a new wheels and tires, I'm probably going to do a t-bar crank in front and daystar shackles in rear for now and see how it goes. I do plan on the ROH wheels which appear to offer the correct offset wheels and I plan on a small 29" tire like 245/65-17 so it will be taller and wider tire but hopefully with a t-bar crank, no/little rubbing.

Con
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

That should be a 29.6x10.4, which will rub a little. Conman did your tires rub on the sides of the flares? I did have a little rub on the very top of the flare on very bumpy dirt. But a 1" t bar crank got rid of that
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

warnoffroad wrote:That should be a 29.6x10.4, which will rub a little. Conman did your tires rub on the sides of the flares? I did have a little rub on the very top of the flare on very bumpy dirt. But a 1" t bar crank got rid of that

It was the top of the flare as well that rubbed. As for the tires, yeah, I know they were almost 30"(well most 30" tires are 29 and change) so I figure I will see how bad it is and maybe it will "force" me to get that body lift after all...... :wink: There is a method to my madness....... :P

Cheers,

Con