lube job

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

lube job

Post by ZIGGY K »

Is there a site that tells all the lube points on the front end of the crew that need grease ? Thanks
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It's here on this site somewhere. Am to whooped to search for it!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Here is ONE

and here is a BETTER ONE
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

amazing what three minutes of rest will do for ya :lol:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

barch97 wrote:amazing what three minutes of rest will do for ya :lol:

:roflmao: :idiot:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

barch97 wrote:amazing what three minutes of rest will do for ya :lol:
Teh Barch is back :lol:

Actually I felt guilty. And having dealt with the search Nazis at NAXJA.org, I decided to help out.
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

Are you kidding me ! Those two inside fittings on the linkage were impossible to get to. :shock: Took out the straight fittings and screwed in two replacement 90 degree ones. What type of engineer designs this ? :?:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ZIGGY K wrote:Are you kidding me ! Those two inside fittings on the linkage were impossible to get to. :shock: Took out the straight fittings and screwed in two replacement 90 degree ones. What type of engineer designs this ? :?:
Most of use swapped to 90* zerks on the first lube job.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:
ZIGGY K wrote:Are you kidding me ! Those two inside fittings on the linkage were impossible to get to. :shock: Took out the straight fittings and screwed in two replacement 90 degree ones. What type of engineer designs this ? :?:
Most of use swapped to 90* zerks on the first lube job.
I just use a 90* adapter on my grease gun. :wink:

Steve
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

One that never has to work on a vehicle!
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Three minutes are plenty to grab a cold one from the fridge for relaxation.

If it was not for this site I never would have even found the last fitting. The first time I did the lube job I noticed the top ball joint zerk were 90deg and the inner ones were straight I just swapped them out and have only had minor annoyance with the fittings since then. You just have to hold your tongue and the grease gun at the right angle to get that last one on the passengers side. :lol:
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]