Wheels

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Taylorized
Regular
Regular

Wheels

Post by Taylorized »

Will a 15x8 wheel with 5.5 backspace work on a stock hieght turck?
Or will be like a 15x7 with 4.5 backspace?
I can fit 31x10.50x15 right now on the stock wheel!
I want aftermarket wheels any suggestions?
THANKS
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome to the forum. Are you running a crew cab? 31/10.50s on a stock crew is hard to believe but, maybe you are lucky. Change the back spacing to less and you normally are lucky not to rub with stock tires. It might help to give us a little more to go with on what you are running now.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If you have 31" tires right now, place one front tire up on the curb and turn the wheel to the point that the tire is closest to the rear of the fender well.
Measure the clearance remaining.
You have the right idea in that the 8" and 7" wheels in your description would offer the same clearance at the fender. The one with less rear spacing will offer clearance issues for the rear of the frame.

Tire sizes differ even for those listed the same size. Import cases tend to run small. Trucks can differ too. Best to take your own measurements and decide what works for how you drive and the terrain you frequent.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Taylorized
Regular
Regular

Wheels

Post by Taylorized »

Right now I am running stock wheel and tire but I put a 31x10.50x15 on my stock wheel and I have fair clearance except at full crank where the inside of the tire rubs frame a little. Can you tell what is the differance between Postive 50 offset and Postive 27 Offset?
THANKS
Taylorized
Regular
Regular

Wheels

Post by Taylorized »

Yes it is a 2004 S10 Crew cab 4x4 LS
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Wheels

Post by HenryJ »

Taylorized wrote:Can you tell what is the differance between Postive 50 offset and Postive 27 Offset?
Offset is the measurement from center and a relationship in or out (positive or negative).
I am guessing those references are in mm?
Anyway the difference is 23 :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Wheels

Post by WVHogRider »

Taylorized wrote:Will a 15x8 wheel with 5.5 backspace work on a stock hieght turck?
Or will be like a 15x7 with 4.5 backspace?
I can fit 31x10.50x15 right now on the stock wheel!
I want aftermarket wheels any suggestions?
THANKS
:x Man, I knew I would have been able to run the 31's on my stock wheels. :x
I'm at stock height and running Centerline Sahara rims now in the 15x8 with 5.5 backspace rolling on 30x9.5 rubber with very minimal rubbing. They only rub currently at the outer fender corner in front of the doors. This spring I'll do the body lift and possibly try 31's.
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]