The way it was.

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

The way it was.

Post by BADs Crew »

This is so True
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: The way it was.

Post by F9K9 »

BADs Crew wrote:This is so True
I definitely concur :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Those were the days when parents could "correct" a child without fear of a lawsuit from the ACLU. I received many such corrections.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: The way it was.

Post by WVHogRider »

f9k9 wrote:
BADs Crew wrote:This is so True
I definitely concur :wink:
:thumb:2X I've been thinking the exact same thing for years now. I'm trying to raise a 5 yr old daughter the way I was brought up (latch key kid :yikes: ), but the ex-wife would rather keep her on one of those leash's you see people having their kid's on (kidding kind of. She wouldn't even let our daughtter walk across the street to talk to the neighbors, even if I was over there, WHEN SHE LIVED HERE :lol: ). My daughter even started acting up when the ex got here to pick her up, so I threatened her with a WOOOP'IN. :yikes: Remember those. SHe straightened right up. My daughter atleast knows what those are, and is learning.
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I think it is an ostrich hiding it's head in the sand! How about another take on the linked post above:

Can't Believe They Will Make It!

According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those who grow up in the 21st century, probably won't survive.

Our baby cribs are with inferior materials from another country. We have lost the skills to build our own, and won't pay the price for a high quality product.

We do not childproof the house. Locks on medicine bottles, doors, or cabinets, chemicals out of reach and we let them ride bikes with no helmets.

We allow them to ride in the front seat of cars with air bags and no restraints.

We drive while talking on the cell phone or fixing make-up.

We feed them soft drinks and coffees when the should be drinking water.

We are overweight and make our kids in our own image.

We don't spend the time building go-carts out of scraps and helping to solve the problems.

We don't practice a home safety plan, or test the smoke detectors.

We leave home in the morning and work all day. Come home tired and just want to be left alone. What ever happened to chores instilling work ethics?

We buy them Playstations, Nintendo 64, X-Boxes, video games , 99 channels on cable, video tape movies, surround sound, personal cell phones, personal computers, and allow them in Internet chat rooms.

We seek a lawyer and file frivolous lawsuits for accidents. Someone else is always to blame?

Fights are no longer black and blue. They end in gunshots and red blood.

They deal with drugs that are much more destructive than anything offered to us.

Little League parents show the kids how to really misbehave.

Our schools fight for funding. Teachers classrooms are overcrowded. And we wonder why the kids don't have a chance to learn.

We expect more from them , but fail to lead with a good example.

The parents expect the school to take care of it. Learning begins at home.

This generation is doomed. This will be the first generation whose life expectancy is less than their parents. Whose fault is it really?

Congratulations.

Please pass this on to others who are reveling in the glory of just how good they were and how bad this generation might be , as the above link post might lead you to believe... "for our own good" !!! Look to the mirror for the source of the problem. The past is a good lesson, now do what you can to make it better yourself. Don't expect someone else to do it for you.

Remember, when ever you point your finger at someone else there are three more fingers in your hand pointing back at you.

Source: HenryJ

This was thrown together quickly just to shine the light from a different angle :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

HenryJ this is exactly why I razed my son in the middle of a farm. He has been an honor roll student in every grade, he knows rite from wrong, he knows to do his homework with out being told, he will stop playing video games to read a book.

We went out shopping today and on our way home not a mile from our home someone threw something at our Blazer and hit it. I hit the brakes and my feet hit the street running. I’m almost 52 but I got close enough to the kids to see what house they ran into and called 911. My son saw the kid who threw what was later identified as a large stick. Not much damage but it did leave a scratch on the windshield. I didn’t want $$$ for repairs I just wanted the police to tell him what he did was wrong. My son learned a big lesson from this. It’s how you raze your kids.

Now days we have babies razing babies. There is no way you or I can stop that; we can only do our best to raze our children to have family values and to respect other people. There is a song called “I’d Love To Change The World” by an old band called “10 Years After” The song goes, I’d love to change the world.. but I don’t know what to do.. so I’ll leave it up to you. I just don’t want to leave it up to anyone.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:... on our way home not a mile from our home someone threw something at our Blazer and hit it. I hit the brakes and my feet hit the street running. I’m almost 52 but I got close enough to the kids to see what house they ran into and called 911. My son saw the kid who threw what was later identified as a large stick. Not much damage but it did leave a scratch on the windshield. I didn’t want $$$ for repairs I just wanted the police to tell him what he did was wrong. My son learned a big lesson from this. It’s how you raze your kids.
A station wagon driving down the street , for no reason whatsoever gets hit in the windshield with a very hard snowball. The snowball shatters the windshield! He slams on his brakes and jumps out. The group of kids scatter. This all happened not three blocks from my house. The police were called and drove the neighborhood as well did the very pissed off car owner, looking for the kids.

This is the same sort of thing that happened to you. The difference is , and you may have figured it out already, but it was over thirty years ago. I was one of those kids. It was not my snowball, but could have easily been as mine missed. Things never change. Sometimes it is just our perception that does?

It is a small world. What we do affects it more than we know. Do your best to raise your children to make this a better world and lead by example.
Take responsibility.
There are always going to be obstacles and poor examples. Do the best you can and we all profit.

"A brook with no stones would not sound so sweet."

I did not read the linked post thoroughly. I think anyone can throw one of those type posts together. That was my main reason for the post I made. There are many things that could have been added , or it could have been from an opposite position praising the advances in technology, life expectancy, and quality of life.
The thing I took from the linked post was that things were better and someone is to blame... We don't need regulation. That is wrong. We do need direction. If you don't like the direction, step up and lead.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK