front end noise

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

front end noise

Post by jeff024 »

Im getting a noise that sounds like its comming from the front driver side.
To describe the noise I would say it sounds like when you were a kid and put a card in your spokes ,it only seems to happen over 65mph any ideas what it could be?
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I dunno but it sounds expensive :(
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
Snoman002
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Snoman002 »

Pull the vacume hose off the actuator and see if the noise goes away. Might be a bad transfer case switch partially engaging the front diff.
[size=75][b]1991 GMC Sonoma Extended Cb[/b] - 4.3L Automatic, 2" BL, 31" BFG's.
[b]1992 Chevy T-10 Reg Cab[/b] - 4.3L 5spd, 3" Bl, 31" Mud Tires. Hooker long tube headers and true duals.
[b]1999 Oldsmobile Bravada[/b] - Wifes truck, all stock.[/size]
Steventruck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Steventruck »

Make sure your lugnuts are tight.
[size=75]1999 ZR2 regular cab Chevy pick-up, trip computer, Knaffle lift shackles, Warn M8000, Leer topper, Blazer power seats, Leather steering wheel with radio controls... Basically comfort features for a leasurely off-road jaunt.[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

lugs are fine and it only make the noise between 70-75mph then stops
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Something wind related like a loose bolt in the new front cowl? Torn dust shield that is in the wheel well? Stone in your tire or a nail? Are your windows down when it happens? Could be the seat belt strap on the passenger side hitting the door piller trim. One of your friends put an electrical zip tie around your drive shaft. ( That always drives em nuts :lol: )
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]