A question for the fellow gun guys

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

A question for the fellow gun guys

Post by malkavian »

Im looking at buying another pistol for con / carry. Right now I have seen alot on springfield armory's new XD 45 ACP. I am pretty interested in this gun but have not found anyone around my area that has it or shot it. I have read all the info on there website but have yet to find a review on this gun. So I was just wondering if any of you have shot it or own it. If so what are you thoughts on it. Im looking at the 4inch tatical model.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod- ... rted.shtml

Thanks
Kip
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

you might look at taurus and glock!!! all are good weapons!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Carry handgun

Post by mjmcdowell »

Kip, checkout the single stack .45 LDA, DAO Para- Ordanance, 6 in the mag. one up the spout, fantastic clean breaking trigger pull and you don't have to carry in "Condition 0ne" to be ready. Some people find this to be an uncomfortable mode and this gun does away with this concern. stay safe, mjmcdowell
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

I have had a few glocks never had a taurus might have to look into them. IM going to google the .45 LDA, DAO and read some info on it also. Thanks guys.
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I didn't see a 45 ACP in their XD product lineup. 45 GAP (Glock Auto Pistol) was all I saw. Can you post a link to what you are looking at?

The link you gave us is for the 4 inch XD line but, they are ported models. I own a Glock 23C, which is compensated, which is similar to ported. They are fine in daylight but, if you want a follow up shot in the dark, you'll be night blind with most ammunition after your first shot. In my most recent firearms instructor refresher class they had us shoot ported and plain pistols in low light conditions and it was obvious to everyone of us. I can highly recommend any Springfield Armory product and the XDs look very good :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

f9k9 wrote:I didn't see a 45 ACP in their XD product lineup. 45 GAP (Glock Auto Pistol) was all I saw. Can you post a link to what you are looking at?

The link you gave us is for the 4 inch XD line but, they are ported models. I own a Glock 23C, which is compensated, which is similar to ported. They are fine in daylight but, if you want a follow up shot in the dark, you'll be night blind with most ammunition after your first shot. In my most recent firearms instructor refresher class they had us shoot ported and plain pistols in low light conditions and it was obvious to everyone of us. I can highly recommend any Springfield Armory product and the XDs look very good :wink:

My bad sorry Im not looking at the ported one. My mistake this link shows the 45 acp in sub compact, tatical and service.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod- ... 5acp.shtml

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod- ... vice.shtml
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

malkavian wrote:

My bad sorry Im not looking at the ported one. My mistake this link shows the 45 acp in sub compact, tatical and service.

NP :wink: It's going to have to be left entirely up to you. It is basically designed after a Glock but, has some extra bells and whistles. A double stack glock in 45 ACP or 10 MM is too big for my hand but, you may be a lot bigger than me. You mentioned concealed carry and that is going to be pretty hard to do with a pistol weighing in at almost 2 lbs unloaded.

After market accessories is something else you need to look at with your decision making process. Are there as many holsters offered for the XD as there are for a Glock? If, you are settled on 45 ACP, which is a very good choice, and you have owned several Glocks, why not the slimmer Glock 37 (I may be incorrect on model #) that is a single stack 45 ACP?

Unfortunately, all of my written thoughts are not answering your original question :!:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Cover article for April 2006 Guns & Ammo magazine.
Springfield Armory's XD 45 :D :D
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]