Anyone know where...

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Rusty

Anyone know where...

Post by Rusty »

...the fuel pump relay is hiding on an '89 S-10 Blazer 4.3? I thought it was one of the 2 relays up on the drivers side fender but it runs just fine with them disconnected so I guess that's not them. This is another case where I'm finding the Chilton's manual to be pretty much worthless!
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

The 92 is on the firewall , drivers side. There is 2 at that location. It is the one on the left standing in front of the truck looking at the firewall.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

BADs Crew wrote:The 92 is on the firewall , drivers side. There is 2 at that location. It is the one on the left standing in front of the truck looking at the firewall.
The '89s don't have any relays on the firewall that I can see (or at least mine doesn't). It's interesting because I can unplug the two on the drivers side inner fender and it won't start but after it's running I can unplug them and it keeps going so I'm guessing there another relay or something that keeps the fuel pump going after the engine is running. Oh well, thanks for the reply!
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

If all else fails you can go ask the old school boys. S-10-Extremists
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]