Nedd Help with Body Lift

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

D68enny
Crew
Crew

Nedd Help with Body Lift

Post by D68enny »

Has anybody installed a body lift with a factory tow hitch? If so does the hitch still sit in the same factory position, or should it raise up two inches with the rest of the truck? I don't see how it is going to raise up. I stopped at this point to figure out if I am missing some brackets or if just sits two inches lower? Thanks for the help.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

The hitch is going to stay there. Your only lifting the body off the frame.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If it is the factory GM/Valley hitch, you can raise the center section by redrilling holes.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
D68enny
Crew
Crew

Post by D68enny »

Ok, Thanks. I thought this was the case, but wanted to check with everybody and make sure. It is the factory installed hitch and I was going to redrill the hole and move it up at a later point after the install. I think that should be ok. Thanks for everybodies help.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

show us pics after your done
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]