Anyone have Airbags or Airshocks installed?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Anyone have Airbags or Airshocks installed?

Post by ace »

Specifically for towing. I heard the bags are about $200.00 but I was also wondering if you could use these after lifting the CC. Wondering if anyone has them.
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

hey, i just asked the same question over on the extemist site. i read that someone had used range rover air springs. im doing a SFA w/ very low rate springs and could use the info too.
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

Here is the company that I've been looking into that has the airbags for our trucks. http://www.airliftcompany.com/new-index/Frameset.htm
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

I used air shocks on my crew for towing my 13ft enclosed trailer. They worked fine. I know have the spring kit that hj made a thread on awhile back. The bosie springs kit I think that was the name of it.
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

see, im doing a SAS and need a bag that can handle the flex im trying to accomplish. right now im planning on using 5" lift long travel springs from Allprooffroad.com about 220lb/in and claim 19" of travel.

im looking for airbags that will make the ride smoother on road and level the truck after i add a bumper and winch. but they need to stretch/compress too.
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

I installed my air shocks last week and hit the road towing my camper for 5 hours. It was awesome! I'm so glad that I went with this option. I had so much more confidence when towing. It was nice to see the truck level again. A major bonus is that when your not towing you can set the height of the back a little higher. I now have a rake of 2 inches from front to back and my ride is great. What is so great is that it's adjustable to whatever your towing too. Can't say enough. Piece of cake to install too.
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

I'm with Ace....I've had airshocks on the Xtreme for several years now. It's allowed me to keep a TON of usability with the high amount of drop I'm running. However, now that I have the ZR5, the shocks are coming off the Xtreme on going on there, and the Xtreme is going to get a nice set of QA1 coilovers....but thats another thread.
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

I've had air shocks on my BlaZeR2 for about a year. I love them. However, i have to get longer ones. Originally i didn't have much lift in the rear when i bought them, and i got ones for a stock ZR2. Now that i have over 5" of lift in the rear (not including the air shocks), the shocks are too short. To keep the ride height, the pressure has to go way up, which makes the ride quality less than desireable.

So, my .02: make sure you order air shocks that are long enough for any lifting you plan on doing.
[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]