Colorado SS

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Colorado SS

Post by BobbleSmitty »

In the hallowed tradition of SS-badged Chevrolets such as the Chevelle, Camaro, and awesome 1990-93 454 SS Sport Truck, the Colorado SS sets a new benchmark for road-going performance. The Colorado SS launches with 400 horsepower from the 2005 Corvette’s LS2 and then benefits from a complete package of high-performance features.

VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS:

LS2 6.0L V-8 with 400 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. torque that exhales through a custom-built performance exhaust from the catalyst rearward
Heavy-duty 4L70-E four-speed automatic transmission with floor shifter
Heavy-duty 9.5-inch rear axle with a locking differential for added traction and a short 3.73:1 rear axle ratio for rapid acceleration.
Weighing in at under 3,500lbs and with Front disc brakes measuring over 12 inches that are sourced from the full-size Chevrolet Silverado; rear disc brakes from the Chevrolet TrailBlazer; the SS should have no trouble hauling to a stop.
Lowered suspension riding on brushed nickel-plated 20-inch Silverado SS rims
Stylized interior with unique trim, bezels, and seats
Custom exterior package with unique grille, fascias, flares, rocker extensions and tonneau cover.

[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

i thought this was only a concept, it would be badass if it made production.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I'm pretty sure that's all it is right now, but that would be pretty sweet if it made it into production!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

That is definately a badass ride. I like the revised front fascia, but the lights would look better without the bar in the middle.

I wouldn't know what to do with that much power in an off-road vehicle.... but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get into trouble, and even easier to pull out of it.
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

I've said for the longest time that GM needs to produce a V8 s-series.
the typhoon and cyclone where great......but there's no replacement for displacement! instead of offering a v-6 Xtreme they should have been putting small blocks in them. looks like they might have finally gotten it right with this SS 8)
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I think it would look and serve more purpose as a crew cab. Other than that I'd say its a pretty sweet ride!!
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]