Bilstien Shocks (installed) WOW

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Bilstien Shocks (installed) WOW

Post by a2b »

hey, got the bilstein shocks in today 8) will get them on soon, but they are only the rears. but they were for free! they came off of a year old z that had been lifted. i will put them on soon :D
Last edited by a2b on Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

oh my gosh, our shocks suck! this had to be the easiest mod i have done in a while. so i took the stock shocks off. i stood one on its end and then i pulled it out. this shock was so weak, i could compress it with my finger! :shock: then i took the bilstein and did the same. but i had to put all my weight on it with both hands to compress. mabey these shocks will help protect my drive shaft from the gas tank shield. at least until i get my rear fixed. i cant wait to get the fronts. mabey i can find somone to donate those as well.

[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Steven
Crew
Crew

Holly Crap

Post by Steven »

I priced a set of those for my truck, maybe to do an upgrade. How crap batman, they aren't cheep. Read a nice artical on them, I will someday replace the stock shocks for these. Till then I'm gonna have to save some money...lol
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

bet ya that it will help with that trailer you pull. so much better. i cant afford the fronts right now, so i think i am going to go buy some pro comps for cheap :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Boy , I'm jealous :x The stock shocks aren't holding up very well. I just noticed that my left front is leaking now.

They are a bit mushy for my liking.

The Bilisteins may move up on my list, but it will have to wait until after the holidays are over.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i need for my wife to get a job so i can quit saying "when the holidays are over" :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Steven
Crew
Crew

Factory Shocks suck

Post by Steven »

I want them too, I feel strongly that the factory shocks suck. I've been looking, and I feel like I want the Bilstiens for my truck. I am going to get the rear set, I feel too that without load levelers for my camper, that these would help some on the bouncy feeling I get ever now an then.

I'd like to get the whole set, but the wife just screams anymore when I say I want something..... dang women just suck the fun out of things at time...lol

I'm gonna wait till end of winter and get a set before next summer.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Steven,

i am pustting pro comp 9000's on wednesday. they are 30 bucks at 4wp. i was told that they are like the bilstiens. they would save you alot of money. i will let you know how they work. - hobie
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Steven
Crew
Crew

Thanks

Post by Steven »

Let me know, I'd be interested in knowing if you like the pro-comps.

Thanks man!
gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gairbear »

damn...so how did they work already...(2002?? wtf)
Black '02 crew cab-30" BFG's, K & N FIPK, Go Rhino step bars, 2" body lift
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

In this case you get what you paid for. They are one of the first needed mods to do. The difference is like night and day. I felt like I was on rails after I installed mine and my OEMS had under 3K on them. :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

the "stock" shocks are just that.....stock. i put procomp 3000's on mine.....difference between night and day,, and the truck handles much better!!!!! a "for sure" mod to do!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gairbear »

thanks guys

sorry I'm so damned late on this one

where can I get a set for not alot of dough??
Black '02 crew cab-30" BFG's, K & N FIPK, Go Rhino step bars, 2" body lift
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I just had my Bilsteins installed today and they are SWEET!! The stock shocks where gone after 50000 miles. I could compress them with my hands and they would stay compressed. Now I can feel the road and no more body sway, The truck even sits higher. It wasn't cheap but what a great mod.

shocks at Auto Zone ... $251.96
Labor to install .............$130.00
Total .....$381.96
Smile on my face ....... Priceless :D
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

Which model Bilsteins are they ?
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

wow, i was reading the titles and saying to myself. i dont remember starting a thread about shocks. hahahahaha. sheeesh 3 years ago!!!

yes the stock shocks are complete junk.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Front Shock ,,,,, B461410
Rear Shock ,,,,, B461681
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

BADs Crew wrote:shocks at Auto Zone ... $251.96
Labor to install .............$130.00
Total .....$381.96
Smile on my face .......Priceless
:lol: lol
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

thanks for the part numbers .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]