It's Just Getting It's Newest Mod Done

Edited title and moved to mod forum-HJ
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

O.K. I need COST!! Hood? Paint? I WANT ONE. :lol:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

OH YEAH!
That will be one of the most satisfying mods that you do. It really adds that eye catching appeal 8)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I can get a goodmark locally for $299, which is a good deal but, there's an my body man quoted me $225 to paint and install. Over $550 w/taxes for appearances and a cooler engine compartment has put the skids on my plans. I do agree that it really helps the looks of our trucks. :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

BADs Crew wrote:O.K. I need COST!! Hood? Paint? I WANT ONE
F9K9 wrote:I can get a goodmark locally for $299, my body man quoted me $225 to paint and install. Over $550 w/taxes
The Hood Cost Me $225.00, Oh But Wait I Need To Have It Shipped So Add $95.00, Paint...Oh Yeah, Here In The DC Metro Area I Had To Set Up An Appointment A Month In Advance To Get The Truck In To The Shop That Everybody Pointed Me To (Best In Town Hopefully) I Ended Up Paying Over Double What You Were Quoted F9K9, But Oh Well It's Only Money And I Did Spend It In The Crew :D . The First Thing They Ask Me Was Did I Have A Fiberglass Hood Because They Charge Xtra If They Have To Finish Fiberglass So At Least I Didnt Have To Pay That Fee! And I'm Gonna See If They Want To Keep The Stock Hood And Knock $150.00 Or So Off The Price.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Stock hoods new and primed are going for $50 around here (before shipping) but, I know everything is expensive in your neck of the woods. I know you'll love it!

Everything is realative. I chatted with a lobbyist in your DC train station (converted) over a draft about 7 years ago and modest apartments (way out in VA was $1700 a month then) I can only imagine the price now.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:Stock hoods new and primed are going for $50 around here...
I sold my old hood to my local salvage yard for $100. They had a buyer that needed a pewter hood and made another $50 themselves.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Some people step into "dung" and come out smelling like a rose....others plan vacations in places like New Orleans. :lol:

Am ordering you a T-Shirt, Brule :D .

"Been there, done that, saw the movie and have the T-Shirt"
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Maybe I just need to check the bottom of my shoes more often?
They probably need hosed off ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Got The Crew Back Today :bounce:
HenryJ wrote:The snorkel is on my mind, but I just haven't come across the right stuff, yet. It will be a while if ever. I may go to true cowl induction? Lots of ideas

I'm Ready For That Mod...... :D

bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

NICE!!! :thumb:
that looks badd gocntry!!!!
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Very Nice!

Don't let the service station attendant , or anyone raise the passenger side wiper. It will hit the scoop and chip the paint.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Like they said in " Dude Where's My Car" ................ "SWEET !!!"

Whats mine say?... " Dude !!!" :thumb:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

How about one more shoot from a distance to show the whole truck. I like a White Crew. My very first S was white.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Holy crap... that looks freakin' awesome.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

one question - is your hood properly adjusted?

It looks to me that the front lip of the hood doesn't meet up with the fenders properly right over the headlight, especially on the passenger side.

Is it just how the goodmark hoods are made?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

adrenalnjunky wrote:one question - is your hood properly adjusted?
He can play with the stops and make that look a little better.

Nothing is goint to fit perfect. The front end is not square at all. It took quite a little work to get mine even. It is still slightly closer at the front of the left side. I think we figured out that it was the fenders more than the hood though.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

BADs Crew wrote:How about one more shoot from a distance to show the whole truck. I like a White Crew. My very first S was white.
Here Ya Go....

Yeah The Hood Bumper Is Set All The Way Down, So I'm Gonna Try To Either Shim The Fender A Little Or Shave The Bumper Down A Little.

Thanks For The Compliments On The Hood It Did Add Some Personality To The Truck.

HenryJ My Thanks For Starting The Thread On The GP On The Hood After Seeing It On Your Truck Then Seeing The Price On The GP Got Me Fired Up About Doing It :D

For Those That Notice That The Nerf Bars Are Missing On The Truck, That's My Mod For This Month.

New Mod = Rocksliders

I'm Having Chris Do The Sliders W/ The Custom Steps At Each Door

Then We'll See What October Holds...I'm Still Looking At My Lift Options I'll Probably Get Lifted In One Way Or Another In The Beginning Of 2006.
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

It really does look sweet! I am so jeleous!!! :cry:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Have you heard anything from Chris ref. the sliders? Last I heard, he hasn't even taken measurements for the ZR5s. He seemed a little shocked when I told him our frame rails were further apart on our trucks versus the ZR2s.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:Have you heard anything from Chris ref. the sliders? Last I heard, he hasn't even taken measurements for the ZR5s. He seemed a little shocked when I told him our frame rails were further apart on our trucks versus the ZR2s.
Last I Talked To Him He Said He Had A ZR5 Down The Street From Him He Could Probably Use To Get The Measurements From. I Tried To Explain To Him That The ZR5's Already Had Studs To Mount To And I Wanted To Be Able To Use Those Studs To Mount My Sliders To Instead Of Drilling Extra Holes. From His Post On Zr2.com Sounds Like He Is Getting Ready To Order All The Steel For The Build So I'm Hoping He''ll E-mail One Of Us If He Has Questions. I'll Let You Know If I Hear From Him.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Thats the money shot I wanted to see. I love it. !!!!!!!!!! :thumb:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gocntry wrote:
f9k9 wrote:Have you heard anything from Chris ref. the sliders?

I'll Let You Know If I Hear From Him.
Yeah, that's what I was told too. I will keep you posted if I hear anything.

The hood is seriously awesome. I am rethinking the situation :D

Mrs Hoff insisted she buy me a pair of boots on this past trip to Nashville and I kept trying think of a way to redirect her attention to how a new hood would save money by reducing the engine compartment heat and therefore increasing MPG.

May run a classified or list in Ebay......"Tony Lamas" for hood painting trade :roflmao: