Anybody have a ZR5 with a soft Tonneau cover??

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Anybody have a ZR5 with a soft Tonneau cover??

Post by BobbleSmitty »

If you do, which one do you have or which one would you recommend??

I want to keep my bed rails and I would like to have a cover that fits inside.

Thanks,

Bob
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I have a trucktec soft cover but thought so little of the rails, I gave them away. If you wanna keep yours then your best bet is to mount them on a hard cover..

I have seen a sliding type with rails somewhere.

Sorry I can't help any more.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

I have a truxedo cover and I love it. It clamps to the side of the bed with 3 clamps each side (included). It also has round battens built into the cover so you can just roll it up when your not using it (no wooden slats to deal with).

Here is a pic of mine from http://www.truckexpressions.com/truckac ... covers.htm

Here are some pics of Conman's cover

2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

sorry i don't have time to post picks, but i have a cover that is dealer installed with the zr5 logo. it fits inside the bed rails and workes great and is most likely the same manufacter as the tux cover they looks the same.
These are the best soft cover i have ever seen . :thumb:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

f9k9, do you like your Trucktec cover? i bought mine during the last ebay auction and installed it earlier last week. seems i get a little water in the bed on mine :? . i dunno, i'll have to play around with the bow and clamp mounting spots when i have time, to see if that helps. just curious if yours is like this.

thanks
~Ben
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

bwenny247 wrote:f9k9, do you like your Trucktec cover? i bought mine during the last ebay auction and installed it earlier last week. seems i get a little water in the bed on mine :? . i dunno, i'll have to play around with the bow and clamp mounting spots when i have time, to see if that helps. just curious if yours is like this.

thanks
~Ben

I like mine pretty well :)

I have had to play with the warm and cool weather positions front and rear. This past winter I had a problem with a bow falling out inside the bed but, used a little 1" military duck tape to make it fit snugger.

I think the Tuxedo one is totally awesome but, am looking at one hundred bucks versus three and a half :D

Even if I could find one at 250, I would hesitate. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

good to hear the bows falling out isn't just something i did wrong :lol:

i pulled open the bow ends and took a small length of aluminum wire and wrapped it around the ends and closed the end back into the bow (if that made any sense). this spaced them out and added about 1/4-1/2" length to the bows. i then wrapped them in duct tape to make sure they added wire stayed put.

i have to agree with the cost, $100 and it does a pretty good job. i had a sportmaster on my old truck and loved it, but again that was $250.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Ben,

Forgot to address the water issue. I didn't have any problems untill I removed the rubber strip on the bracket over my tailgate ( was a bear to open ) and now I get a little water when I use a new brushless carwash in town. :D
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I decided to go with the Extang RT model. I ordered it today through my friend at Murrays Autoparts. He gave me his 20% discount on it too, so I got a pretty decent deal. I should have it within a couple of days. I'll post some pics of it when I have it installed.

-Bob
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Post by shrubs2000 »

I have http://www.realtruck.com/products/accstan.php and it works great. No water and easy to install on the inside.

I didn't buy from them since it was quicker to get it locally.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Turns out the Extang RT doesn't work with our factory bed rails on the ZR5... I found that out after hours of trying to figure out why it wouldn't work! lol Well, I'm taking it back today and i'm just going to spend the extra $100 bucks and get the Truxedo.
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

You won't be disappointed. I love the truxedo cover...only took about 30min to install too.
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

The guys up at the local truck store said that there'd be free installation... They said they could get it for me for $399.99... Compared to the $374.99 at Truckexpressions.com, I figure getting it put on for free and not having to wait for it to ship to me, that it'd be worth just going to the truck store. I am going to bring in a print out of the website and see if they would match the price for me though. We'll see what happens I guess.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Well... I decided to go with a TonneauMasters cover. My buddy at another Truck store gave me his discount and got it for me for $359.99 installed... I'll have it sometime tomorrow!
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I have my Tonneau cover installed and it seems to be pretty water tight... I sprayed it with the hose and nothing got in. I'm pretty pleased with it so far. There are pictures posted of it installed.

Added an image-HJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:thumb: Looks good :D
gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gairbear »

Looks great.
Black '02 crew cab-30" BFG's, K & N FIPK, Go Rhino step bars, 2" body lift
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

need spacers on the rear wheels :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I almost bought them a few days ago on Ebay. What would be best, 1.25" or 1.5" ? I heard that it would put more strain on the suspension parts widening the stance? Is there anything I should worry about if I put them on?

-Bob
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BobbleSmitty wrote:...I heard that it would put more strain on the suspension parts widening the stance?
You have been hanging around on the wrong forums again! - wheel spacers

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Ebay

Would this be a good buy? Does it come with everything I would need?

Thanks

link't long url :roll: -HJ
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

dont let us push you into it but you REALLY do need them :)

you will love the look after the install
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HJ wrote:You have been hanging around on the wrong forums again! - wheel spacers
:roflmao: