K&N FPIK?? Worth it?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

K&N FPIK?? Worth it?

Post by quickbiker »

Is it worth it? I'm already using the HPPII for 93 Oct tune. Will it help with power/mileage???
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

There's been a few discussions about this in th epast and I think the general consensous was that yes the FIPK is an improvement over the stock airbox but it's nowhere near a $200 improvement. Similar gains in horsepower and fuel efficiency can be achieved for free with the airbox mod or less expensive intake systems
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

I Just Bought The Whole Intake System Including The MAF Off A 96 S-10 4.3 Off Ebay For $20.00. I Am Going To Drill Out The Air Box & Descreen The Maf That Comes With It, I Also Bought The IAT Relocator Kit From Jeg's For $40.00 To Install It Too. After I Get This Done I'll Let You Know What I Think But All That Is Costing Me $60.00 So I Wont Be Out That Much If It Doesn't Do Much. I Already Have The K&N Filter In My Stock Box.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Well, I've been thinking about it for a long time. And now it will also help the guy doing my truck for installing the compressor for the ARB. So, I just got it for 250, ship included from Crutchfield.com and only takes a day to ship cause everything is in VA, woohoo. Sounds like the gains are mostly in the high rpm range. But even if it gives me 1 more mpg, that be cool. Never thought of ebay, oh well, I just checked, and not such good deals anyhow, when shipping is included, so I guess I made the best buy.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Quickbiker wrote:I just got it for 250, ship included from Crutchfield.com
Crutchfield Is Getting To Be A Great Place To Deal With, I Ordered An Alpine Cd Player For The Wife's Ranger From There. It Was Cheaper Than Bestbuy Here In Town, I Got Like $30.00 Worth Of Free Adapters & Such For The Install, Shipping Was Free I Ordered It At 10Am One Day And Had It In My Hands At 3Pm The Next Day. So I Would Definatly Deal With Them Again. :D
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Yea, they've been around a long time. I remember ordering from them like 20 years ago. :shock: I've also been to the store itself that long ago, it's a nice setup. And back then the have a special section for good deals on returns and seconds. And have always had great service and can easily return stuff. Pretty good for 20 years! Hard to find that kinda service nowadays.
NCHEVYHEVN

Post by NCHEVYHEVN »

If it were me I wouldn't do it. I did the airbox mod and put in a drop in K&N airfilter. Made it louder at WOT and that is about it.
[size=75]Chris
1995 Chevy S-10=Bagged, project truck
2001 GMC Sonoma=ZQ8, 2/3 drop, dual exhaust, sound system, bed cover, etc. DD[/size]