Opinions On Backspacing 3.75 Or 4.50 ??

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Opinions On Backspacing 3.75 Or 4.50 ??

Post by gocntry »

Getting Ready To Order Some Wheels, They Are Gonna Be 15x8" With A 31x10.50 Tire, I Have A Choice Of Backspacing Either 3 3/4" Or 4 1/2" Will One Work Better Than The Other??
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

well, the stock wheels are 15x7 w/6" backspace. so, neither is going fit perfectly. I'd go with the 4.5". the closer you get to stock the less rubbing you'll have.

You've got a 2" body lift, right? that should give you a little more clearence in the wheel wells but, you're probably still going to do some trimming.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Barch97 wrote:You've got a 2" body lift, right?

Nope, No Body Lift. I Am Going To Run These With The 6" SL. Just Starting To Get My Parts Together And Don't Want To Make An Expensive Error.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

ah... in that case, I have no idea. Sorry :(

hopefully someone w/ a giant lift will see this and help ya out.
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

I've got 15X8 wheels with 3.75 bs and stock tires (for now). I also have the 2" BL and almost a 1" t-bar crank (shackles on back) and I have no rubbing. In fact I have modified my fenders a little and I don't think I'll have any problem running 31X10.50s (which are what I'm gonna buy when I get new tires...probably this fall). I would go 3.75 if I were you and you want a wide look. Like I said I have 15X8s with that 3.75" BS and I still don't think they stick out far enough!! Oh well. Go wide...you'll love it!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I've got 15x7" wheels, 2" BL, TB crank, daystar shackles, 4.5" BS, 1.25" spacers and 30x9.50" tires. I have trimmed and still have issues.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:I've got 15x7" wheels, 2" BL, TB crank, daystar shackles, 4.5" BS, 1.25" spacers and 30x9.50" tires. I have trimmed and still have issues.
So I Take It Your Vote Is For The 3.75" Also?? :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gocntry wrote:
f9k9 wrote:I've got 15x7" wheels, 2" BL, TB crank, daystar shackles, 4.5" BS, 1.25" spacers and 30x9.50" tires. I have trimmed and still have issues.
So I Take It Your Vote Is For The 3.75" Also?? :lol:
No vote at all because I am like Barch. You better wait on the Big Dawgs. Just adding confusing info for your decision :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Either one should be fine I would think. With a 6" lift and only 31's, you should have plenty of room.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

I Have The Rockcrawler Series 97 On Order, I Got The 3.75" Backspacing, As Soon As I Get Them I'll Go To Costco & Order The 31 x 10.50 BFG Mud Terrains :D 4WheelParts Was Doing A July 4 Special 10% Off And Free Shipping.

barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

just a reminder...

Something I forgot when ordering my wheels. They're not neccessarily "as pictured". The center caps and lug nuts DO NOT come with the wheels unless they specifically list them as included. (and stock lug nuts look pretty awful on shiny new black rims)
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

barch97 wrote:just a reminder...

Something I forgot when ordering my wheels. They're not neccessarily "as pictured". The center caps and lug nuts DO NOT come with the wheels unless they specifically list them as included. (and stock lug nuts look pretty awful on shiny new black rims)
I Found That Out Reading The Fine Print, I Also Ordered The Center Caps And I Ordered A Set Of Black "Gorilla Nuts" From Summit, The Ones Where All The Lug Nuts Use The Special Key.
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

go with the 3.75" back spacing. if your getting the 6" superlift and you only want 31x10.50's on 8" wide rims you shouldn't have any trouble with the 3.75" back spacing. i ran 10" wide rims with 3.75" bs and 12.50 tires with only the 6" superlift and it was driveable on the road....so being 2" narrower you should be just fine...even off road. tall skinny trucks look silly....go wide!
[size=75]2004 s-10 crew cab with 6in. superlift, 2in. bodylift, 31x12.50 pro comp mud terrains on 15x10 eagle alloy 589's[/size]