2" superlift question

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

2" superlift question

Post by camelott112 »

i know that crazy blaze put his tm on a superlift 2 inch system or at least i think i remember reading that i was just wondering if it was possible to do that and if so then can you do it with the sl 6 inch?
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

i'm sure it could be done but i don't think you'd want to do it. i've read nothing but bad things about the 2"sl and i'm sure there are alot of people on this board that will tell you to stay away from it. i've got the 6"sl and it works/drives great. i'm sure superlift spent alot of time making the 6" kit work as well as it does and maintain stock angles of front end parts. i've got my torsion turned up so i've got 7" of lift and i still have no problems. if i were you i'd do the 6" sl with a 2"body lift before i thought about the 2" superlift kit. you can crank the t-bars up and then do a shackle so you'll have 7" of suspension and then 2" of body lift....thats a pretty big s-10...considering it would still be ifs.
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

just curious that was all i think 6 would be more than enough but the mind wanders from time to time
Spawn

Post by Spawn »

no you cant because thetm lift lowers the the control arm bracket 5inches the superlift 6inch brackets are lowered 4inches and the 2inch control arm make the last 2 inches making i a 6 inch lift
1995 blazer
2"bdy,2"susp.,trailmaster ssv's,k&n filter,
fender trim,7"lcdw/dvd player,2 tone sliver metalic and herculiner,shaved roof rak,and more to come.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

jeffc wrote:i've read nothing but bad things about the 2"sl and i'm sure there are alot of people on this board that will tell you to stay away from it.

I've been thinking about this for a while. There are a bunch of people running the 2"SL kit on 1st gens (mainly Blazers) and they never seem to have any problems with them. It makes me wonder what's different with our CC's front suspension. I always thought the 1st and second gen S-10's suspensions were basically the same. Maybe not?
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

i'm not sure what your talking about when it comes the the 6" superlift. you said it only lowers the control arms 4" then uses the 2" upper control arms to allow the torision to be cranked up giving 6" of lift? thats simply not true! i have the lift on my truck and all 6" of lift comes from the conrtol arms being lowered 6" not 4". you are not required to crank the torsion anymore than stock and you will have 6" of lift. the 6" sl kit has nothing to do with the 2"sl.
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

no you cant because thetm lift lowers the the control arm bracket 5inches the superlift 6inch brackets are lowered 4inches and the 2inch control arm make the last 2 inches making i a 6 inch lift
WRONG!
JEFFC IS CORRECT !

Edited-HJ
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Spawn

Post by Spawn »

did the new upper control arms come w/ the kit, cuz when i saw the parts for the lift the control arms were in that whole deal i saw. sorry bro, but you dont need to make me feel small.

Edited-HJ
1995 blazer
2"bdy,2"susp.,trailmaster ssv's,k&n filter,
fender trim,7"lcdw/dvd player,2 tone sliver metalic and herculiner,shaved roof rak,and more to come.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Let's clear up some of the confusion here.

I have not personally had experience with the 2" SL, but I did research it while on a quest for a 3" suspension lift.

There are some people running it with success, but I would speculate that they do not wheel the rig very hard, and the primary use is street driving. I am not saying you can't wheel it, just that those that are happy with it may not.

The 2" superlift is a massive T-bar crank. The indexers ("pork chops", "adjusters") are replaced with indexers that allow you to crank the t-bars up an additional two inches.

Now that they are cranked so far the upper a-arms are too short to correct the camber. As you crank the bars the a-arms (upper and lower) travel in different radius' since they are different lengths. The shorter a-arm's radius is smaller therefore as it travels downward it becomes shorter quicker. This leaves a negative camber (top of tire inward) situation and there is not enough adjustment in the excentrics to make up the difference.

The Superlift answer was to install longer upper a-arms to allow correct camber to be obtained.
As I understand it CV boots are also included since the stock boots can be a little too stiff for the angles.

Could the 2" SL be added to any of the suspension lifts? If they do reuse the stock upper a-arms , then I would say yes.

Is there potential for CV , and CV boot problems from the steeper half shaft angles? I would say yes again.

(Let's keep the discussion from getting too personal, please :D )
Last edited by HenryJ on Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

haha i didnt mean to start any animosity i was just curious sometimes my mind works much faster than my check book as im sure the rest of you are suffering from as well and just wanting to top the top runners on the board little paint little custom iron on the bumpers and we will see what everyone thinks about it when im done i have to find the before pics then you can see how far i have come
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:Let's clear up some of the confusion here....(Let's keep the discussion from getting too personal, please :D )

Wow. Did I miss something? Looks like HenryJ has been playing referee again! Oh well.

Nothing to see here, move along... ;) J/K Just some fire prevention ;) -HJ

I agree that most of the people who run the 2" kits are probably staying on the street. Anyone who is going to be doing any serious offroading probably isn't going to bother with 2" when they can go 5-6" or higher. Of course anyone who is going to be seriously offroading an S-10 is probably going to do an SFA conversion anyway. I know if I ever lift mine, that's the way I'm headed.
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

i'm sorry if i made anyone feel "small". that wasn't my intention. i was just simply trying to explain how the superlift kit really worked. a lot of people including myself use this forum to answer questions that we have about our trucks and the products made for our trucks. i just think the info given to others should be accurate....or as close as possible. i wasn't trying to hurt anyones feelings. i'd hate for someone to base their decision to buy or not buy a particular product because of some incorrect info they got from a message board.
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

did the new upper control arms come w/ the kit, cuz when i saw the parts for the lift the control arms were in that whole deal i saw. sorry bro, but you dont need to make me feel small
THER IS NOT A PICTURE THAT I COULD FIND. SO U PROBABLY SAW THE ZR2 KIT. HEY BUY THE LIFT AND INSTALL IT AND U WILL NOT FEEL SMALL NO MATTER WHAT .
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd