Who Has This Rear Door Weather Stripping on their CC?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

Who Has This Rear Door Weather Stripping on their CC?

Post by Jim »

I just looked at a 2002 on a Chevy dealer's lot. I noticed a strip of weather striping on the upper leading edge of the rear door @ the location where it meets the front door. I often thought of putting a seal there on mine hoping to cut down on wind noise. Does anyone know if this is factory or did GM only install it on CC's who's owners complained of wind noise?
Last edited by Jim on Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Just went out to look at my '02 and the only weather stripping on top of the doors is attached the body.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

Nope mine doesn't have them either.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

Can you snap a quick picture? It would help us figure out where to put it if we don't have it. :)
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
Jim

Post by Jim »

It runs up & down along here.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Socaldave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Socaldave »

I have seen a truck with this piece of weatherstrip as well. I actually was going to look into it with my dealer but I had forgot about it! I wonder if it would help with the wind noise which is pretty significant on my truck...............

Thanks for the reminder........... :D
Jim

Post by Jim »

Socaldave wrote:I have seen a truck with this piece of weatherstrip as well. I actually was going to look into it with my dealer but I had forgot about it! I wonder if it would help with the wind noise which is pretty significant on my truck...............

Thanks for the reminder........... :D
After looking at some pics on Ebay of full size Crews, I think the peice we want is OEM on the full size.

Best Regards, Jim
Jim

Post by Jim »

I ordered them today(Friday) they said they will be in Monday if they are correct I'll post numbers & pics. They list them as axillary weather strips for S-10 CC.
Best Regards, Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jim wrote:...They list them as axillary weather strips for S-10 CC.

How much were they? I'm sure that I'll be interested in a set also :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:
Jim wrote:...They list them as axillary weather strips for S-10 CC.

How much were they? I'm sure that I'll be interested in a set also :thumb:
Weird, the left one lists for $9.50, the right one is $14 we'll see if there is any difference side to side. :? I also found them in the 2002 repair manual page 8-1064
Best Regards, Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

What is the price through gmpartsdirect.com?

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:What is the price through gmpartsdirect.com?
probably $6 & $9
Best Regards, Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Well if you get the right ones , fill us in on the correct part numbers.

In the mean time , I may check the wrecking yards 4-door Blazers for some good used ones :D

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:Well if you get the right ones , fill us in on the correct part numbers.

In the mean time , I may check the wrecking yards 4-door Blazers for some good used ones :D
I have been checking all the Blazers on car lots & haven't found any that have them. But all full size crew cab pick-ups & Taho's have them.
Best Regards, Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jim wrote:I have been checking all the Blazers on car lots & haven't found any that have them. But all full size crew cab pick-ups & Taho's have them.
Does it appear to be the same seal? Maybe just a little longer?

What about the Suburban, does it have it too? There are plenty of those to choose from.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:
Jim wrote:I have been checking all the Blazers on car lots & haven't found any that have them. But all full size crew cab pick-ups & Taho's have them.
Does it appear to be the same seal? Maybe just a little longer?

What about the Suburban, does it have it too? There are plenty of those to choose from.
From what I can tell it's the same but longer. Yes Suburbans should have it.
Best Regards, Jim
heyspike

Post by heyspike »

Speaking of weatherstripping, did you guys ever have a problem with the rear door hitting the top of the stripping and wearing a hole in it? That happened to mine.
John.
Jim

Post by Jim »

heyspike wrote:Speaking of weatherstripping, did you guys ever have a problem with the rear door hitting the top of the stripping and wearing a hole in it? That happened to mine.
John.
Yep that's the only warranty repair I've had in 30 months & 26,000 miles
Best Regards, Jim
Jim

Post by Jim »

Got the strips.
Left side #15084263 List $16.80
Right side #15084262 List $9.64
They are both the same, but they are attached with double sticky tape not pressed on as the repair book said. They seem about 1" to short to cover the flange they mount on. The curved side goes forward w/ the knife edge contacting the front of the rear door
Best Regards, Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Any chance that the dimensions are close to the same as this - REPLACEMENT SPONGE RUBBER WEATHERSTRIPPING

A= 5/8"
B= 3/4"

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:Any chance that the dimensions are close to the same as this - REPLACEMENT SPONGE RUBBER WEATHERSTRIPPING

A= 5/8"
B= 3/4"
A= 3/8"
B= 7/16"
Best Regards, Jim
Jim

Post by Jim »

On, :D you can see it's about 1" short at the bottom. I used electrical tape to black out the flange.
Best Regards, Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I'll be interested to see if it makes a difference.

The salvage yards had nothing that has this weatherstrip.

I checked GMpartsdirect, but with shipping/handling they cost nearly $30 :shock: I can getthem for less than that by paying list price at my local dealer.

I think I'll wait until I remove the vinyl and paint the posts, before I add them :D

- ThunderII KE7CSK