lowering a crew cab?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

kumitemahn

lowering a crew cab?

Post by kumitemahn »

Hi everyone,
I have a 2001 crew cab and i want to lower it to the ground with and air suspension, i want to make it look like an extreme s-10. does anyone know any good kits that would work for a crew cab. since its a 4X4, how much would it effect the angle of the drive shaft. also, i cant find any ground effects for a crew cab. thank you very much
Jeffry :D
Jim

Re: lowering a crew cab?

Post by Jim »

kumitemahn wrote:Hi everyone,
I have a 2001 crew cab and i want to lower it to the ground with and air suspension, i want to make it look like an extreme s-10. does anyone know any good kits that would work for a crew cab. since its a 4X4, how much would it effect the angle of the drive shaft. also, i cant find any ground effects for a crew cab. thank you very much
I can't answer the lowering question but the ground effects kit I can. The extreme body kit can be extended to fit the crew. You need the extended cab OEM kit, the side skirts need to be grafted together with urethane bumper repair filler. I suggest not using the wheel well trim with the kit. The rear quarter trim will need to be cut around the crew wheel well extensions. You will need a base truck or 2003 front bumper because the extreme air dam won't fit the 01 bumper. Look on Ebay for OEM kits w/ blemishes & missing one wheel well trim. I got one for my son's base truck for $275, remember you will have to buy or fabricate brackets for everything.
I would have considered doing the ground effects kit on my crew but lowering it will void the 6-year warranty so gave up on the idea.

Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: lowering a crew cab?

Post by a2b »

kumitemahn wrote:Hi everyone,
since its a 4X4, how much would it effect the angle of the drive shaft.
well first. lowering the angle is always better..so that wouldnt be a thing to worry about, it would be a positive....BUT, because we have IFS, our tcase and front diff are mounted to the frame...meaning they dont move with the suspension...so therefore..lowering it doesnt change the angle of the front shaft...just the rear which is a good thing
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

Lowering without cutting anything and using bolt-on parts will make everything reversable. Just put the stock parts back on, with stock-length shocks, and you should be good to go.
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

on the www.blazinlow.com forums you can fiind info on airbag kits for the front of 4x4's.

If you are just doing a normal c-notch in the fram in the rear to allow the axle to come up a little more, you should be ok. If you step-notch the frame you'll have to cut your bed to clear it all.

If you are step notching and trying to lay frame on an S-10 -- your rear drive angles should be ok -- some extended cabs do have problems while driving really aired out--but you may have issues with your rear crossmember, and the back of your cab -- usually requiring some extensive reworking of both.

www.suicidedoors.com makes a lot of kits and parts for weld on and bolt on 4 links for airbag setups.

just FYI -- cause
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

This thread ( Bumper covers ) has some front bumper/valance options.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
kumitemahn

Post by kumitemahn »

thank you everyone,
this helps out alot. now all i got to do is find the parts. thanks again
jeff
TruStinger

Post by TruStinger »

its all down to newton's laws of gravity "what goes up must come down" if there are lift kits there better be lowering kits