Bed covers

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Bed covers

Post by snowsurfer »

Looking for hard locking bed cover that would fit with the ZR5 package bed rails

Have 2003 S10 Crew

any suggestions??? Where?? Cost???
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

aloha! or something

ya, did you try a search.alot of people are looking for the same thing, good luck

and welcome- hobie
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Yeah, Another Mod I did not document. :oops:

http://www.truxedo.com/

I have that for my ZR5. It's about $350 Shipped to your door.

I think this was the place I bought it from but the price is now 375 shipped.

http://www.truckxpressions.com/truckacc ... covers.htm

This place is cheaper but I have not ordered from them.

http://www.xtremetna.com/truxedo_tonneau_covers.htm

The company that makes Truxedo makes a very similar product called Truck Hyde. It looks exactly the same but is cheaper in price. The Truxedo higher price is because it's higher quality materials. Well, that's what they say on their website. ;) I got the Truxedo cause at that time, the Truck hyde was the same price anyway. There is someone here wtih I think a Pace Edwards that's the same thing. The Price is about the same also.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Bed Cover

Post by snowsurfer »

thanks for the replys but I am looking for a HARD Lockable bed cover not soft.

Would appreciate any info..

Thanks again
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Bed Cover

Post by Conman »

snowsurfer wrote:thanks for the replys but I am looking for a HARD Lockable bed cover not soft.

Would appreciate any info..

Thanks again

opps, maybe I should open my eyes sometime. I'm not aware of any that work. What you could do is get a fiberglass one and mount the bedrails to that. I've seen that done on a few pickups.

Good Luck,

Con
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya, put the rails on the cover.....

or just toss 'em

at least they are black rails and not chrome
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Doogy
Regular
Regular

Post by Doogy »

I know this site has been mentioned before, but it looks like a reasonable fit for your application. The product price seems very reasonable but shipping costs are more because it is a hard cover. Try www.checkerpro.com. Last time I checked it was about $309 for the one that fit the crew and you can add desired options or get a package deal on ordering a deluxe with all the bells and whistles.

GOOD LUCK1 8)
Doogy
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Doogy wrote:I know this site has been mentioned before, but it looks like a reasonable fit for your application. The product price seems very reasonable but shipping costs are more because it is a hard cover. Try www.checkerpro.com. Last time I checked it was about $309 for the one that fit the crew and you can add desired options or get a package deal on ordering a deluxe with all the bells and whistles.

GOOD LUCK1 8)

I like that hard cover cause it's flush looking but since I have dirt bikes, I needed something soft so I can fold it out of the way.

good luck,

Con
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

bed cover

Post by snowsurfer »

Guys,

Thanks for the replys, I had already checked with Checker Pro, cover was real reasonable but wanted 250.00 for shipping. I think they are in Kentucky and I'm in Hawaii...

So I'm still stuck, by the way they don't fit with the rails on either. Either way I might have to lose the rails

Aloha

Steve
malligood

Post by malligood »

Conman,

Did you compare the Truxedo to the Access cover? I know the Truxedo is cheaper, how has it held up?

Thx
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

malligood wrote:Conman,

Did you compare the Truxedo to the Access cover? I know the Truxedo is cheaper, how has it held up?

Thx

Hmm. I allways thought the Access was cheaper in price. I forgot to tell you that the Truxedo is suppose to have some sort of lifetime warranty compared to the Access or even the Truck Hyde. I delt with Truxedo's support cause I was shipped the wrong cover and they promptly send a new one right away. So for support, they are great.

http://www.truxedo.com/warranty.html

Someone with a ZR5 Crew before me recommended the Truxedo. So far it's held up, but I only had it about a year so far. I think all the covers are pretty much the same design and materials so I was really looking at price. I did not price out the access cover cause at that time, I did not see a listing for the Crew. Pricing it now, they are all about the same price give or take. So the only difference is the Truxedo is a lifetime warr. This type of cover is pricey but I do like that it just folds up and I don't need to worry about Bows and Snaps. It does use velco so I assume that's going to wear out one day so I'll see then how the warr. works out.

Steven's got a cover forsale:

http://henryj.lifelesspeople.com/phpBB2 ... c.php?t=91

The one thing I wish the Truxedo did was to tilt like his does. If the truxedo type design and it tilted, that would be a perfect combo. If I did not have rails though, I would get his in a heart beat cause it's a great price.

Cheers,

Con
TNC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by TNC »

ARE makes a nice Lid for the Crewcab.. www.4are.com Thier demo truck is an Ugly pepto pink crewcab S-10
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Image :roll:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I think I need some "Pepto" after looking at that color. :puke:
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

That's naaaaaasty!!! And I'm sure the spoiler helps when your off-roading or towing a trailer.
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
TNC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by TNC »

I told you it was UGLY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: But they are really nice lids...
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
marks10cc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by marks10cc »

On topic, but a little 'off'....

Has anybody had a hard time getting the foam/rubber stripping of the rails to fit 'just right' with the factory installed bedliner?

Due to the rail cap on the cab-end of the bed, my rails do not meet flush with the cab-end side bed and the cab-end front bed just to the sides of the bedliner. Since the truck is a lease, I'm afraid to take the ole rotary tool to it (if it doesn't fit, CUT IT!). I'm thinking about cutting the foam off of the front tonneau rail to see if it will lower the sides of the tonneau rails down on to the bed. Any suggestions? Anybody had to modify the rails before? I'm wondering if I'm just being #### and should just live with the less than 1/8 in gap. I don't have a camera, pics would help I guess.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

marks10cc wrote:On topic, but a little 'off'....

Has anybody had a hard time getting the foam/rubber stripping of the rails to fit 'just right' with the factory installed bedliner?

Due to the rail cap on the cab-end of the bed, my rails do not meet flush with the cab-end side bed and the cab-end front bed just to the sides of the bedliner. Since the truck is a lease, I'm afraid to take the ole rotary tool to it (if it doesn't fit, CUT IT!). I'm thinking about cutting the foam off of the front tonneau rail to see if it will lower the sides of the tonneau rails down on to the bed. Any suggestions? Anybody had to modify the rails before? I'm wondering if I'm just being #### and should just live with the less than 1/8 in gap. I don't have a camera, pics would help I guess.

Unfortunately, because of the bed liner in the front of the bed, there will be a gap. Truxedo did supply two pieces of foam to try to close up the holes in the corners cause of the bedliner but it appears it would not help much so I did not put them on. So water does come in the corners. I've been meaning to put a few daps of silicone since the cover is suppose to expand when cold/hot so to fill in the gaps, it has to be plyable. It has rained alot but since I park on a slight incline driveway, it does not get too wet inside. You def don't want to put dry stuff in there without some sort of container anyway cause the condensation will build up in there anyway.

Back to your question, the Truxedo side rails was pretty high so the side rails matched the same height as the bedliner lips so the top was even across the bed. I think that's the question you had, right? If you want, I can take some close-up pics of my cover.

Good Luck,

Con
marks10cc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by marks10cc »

Yes, you answered my question... basically, with leaving the bed-liner cap on, I will have to expect slight leaking. The tonneau rail for the front has a foam piece attached to the bottom of it, I'm thinking of cutting that off and reinforcing the corners with it. I don't know what I'll do, truth is, it's a new toy and I have to muck with it 8) . I just can't leave it alone.

If you don't mind taking pics, I would like to see how Truxedo set up their rails for the front of the bed (especially the corners) and how much of a gap you have in your corner. I can shove my pinky into the corner with a little bit of effort, so I'm thinking my gap is just under 1/8 of an inch. I'm wondering just how much water would get in there tho. I would only need it to be 'water-resistant' while driving, while parked my bed is always empty.

It's a shame when the most often placed item in your bed is a diaper bag and an infant's walker. Some day I'll get to play, some day.....
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

marks10cc wrote:Yes, you answered my question... basically, with leaving the bed-liner cap on, I will have to expect slight leaking. The tonneau rail for the front has a foam piece attached to the bottom of it, I'm thinking of cutting that off and reinforcing the corners with it. I don't know what I'll do, truth is, it's a new toy and I have to muck with it 8) . I just can't leave it alone.

If you don't mind taking pics, I would like to see how Truxedo set up their rails for the front of the bed (especially the corners) and how much of a gap you have in your corner. I can shove my pinky into the corner with a little bit of effort, so I'm thinking my gap is just under 1/8 of an inch. I'm wondering just how much water would get in there tho. I would only need it to be 'water-resistant' while driving, while parked my bed is always empty.

It's a shame when the most often placed item in your bed is a diaper bag and an infant's walker. Some day I'll get to play, some day.....

If your moving, just about no water leaks in the corners. It's when your parked it will collect as with the stock forward rake, the water runs down the rails into the corner where the hole is. :( Lucky for me, the diaper bag goes in my wife's SUV. ;)

I would just carry either a soft water proof bag, or a plastic container to put the dry stuff in.

I'm going to look at it more closely this weekend(if the rain holds out) and snap some pics for you. Now you got me thinking about it again :x Thanks :roll:

Cheers,

Con :D
dhawke
Crew
Crew

Post by dhawke »

I bought some of that rubber bed rail protector from J.C. Whitney that is self-adhesive. Stuck it to the side rails...It is the perfect height to make the bed cover fit flush with the tail gate and bed front(?).

I've had mine on since October, and it doesn't leak even at the carwash!