Am I the only one…

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

GAS
Crew
Crew

Am I the only one…

Post by GAS »

…who has manual side windows? I guess everyone else but me got powered windows. Asking because I need to remove door panels but cannot figure how to take off the window raiser levers. I saw no fixing bolts or rings or what ever, however damn lever did not move :x and I was nervous a beat to pull harder. So am I the last person with manual windows? :?: Needed an experience in door disassembling.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I did not know they came with manual windows. If they are like every other GM window crank I have ever seen there is a small metal c-clip that rides in a groove on the crank shaft, you often can only see the small bits of the open side sticking out a bit if you press the door panel in and turn the crank.A small screwdriver on on of the legs will pop it off if you do not want to buy the tool made for it.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

Thanks for help. :thumb:
Seems to me I was right about manual windows – it’s an exclusive option, in my truck only. I should like a manual gearbox.
May be this evening Ill try to find that c-clip, however last time I tried to disassemble my door I could swear I don’t saw anything like that.
P.S. watch out number of your posts, I think you should post something!(just kiddin :wink: )
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I disassembled my wife's Cavalier's door panel and I never could actually see it. I couldn't get her's off with out the tool but it was very cheap here in the US. When you do get the handle off, put the c-clip on the crank before you reassemble it. You just press it back on.

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

how bout some pics of the rear doors with manual windows?
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Here is what it looks like from the back side you can find the tool at any auto part store. I understand you can also snag it by working a shop rag or piece of rope behind the handle and pulling like you where drying your back with a towel but I would pick up the tool and some extra clips just in case one goes flying into thin air.
Last edited by BADs Crew on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

You were right, guys. Yesterday I did saw that c-clip, it looks like a horseshoe with curved ends. Now I know the principle of crank fixing and have a good chance to take it off.
As for pictures of rear doors with manual windows – I don’t have rear doors, cause my truck has extended cab not crew (sorry), I’m talking about front doors. I wondered does it really such a rare thing, how did it happens that I got one? It’s not a big deal to spin crank sometimes, but only driver side. When it takes to pass side its very uncomfortable.
Unfortunately, it’s not so easy for me to get special tool or even a couple of extra clips, no matter how cheap they are. :cry: However I don’t see big problem – its easy to deal without it. :roll:
Thanks a lot to all of you.
:wave:
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

Ahhh, I was thinking you had a crew with manual windows
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

Here the truck looks just like mine http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/199 ... per_08.htm
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

GAS wrote:Here the truck looks just like mine http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/199 ... per_08.htm
Ah! That makes a little more sense. That is an Extra cab, not a crew cab. That clears up a few misconceptions on my part.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

Sorry again guys, I never said that I have CrewCab. Just there is no S-10 Ext.cab site :(
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

That's ok you can still play with us Image
It just helps us understand when you have a question.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

Great :thumb: