RE: wet seatbelt

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

RE: wet seatbelt

Post by mjmcdowell »

Drat!!!! I also have a leak somewhere in the pass. side rear seatbelt area, my son found the belt wet, question is , how, save for ripping the plastic cover off that is around the belt slot , do you remove the cover so you don't break it for installation after the fix, (I hope) any input would be much appreciated, thanks, stay safe all, mjmcdowell
rick
Crew
Crew

Post by rick »

To remove the C-Pillar trim: There is a bolt under a triangular cover where the shoulder belt loops through. Just use a small screwdriver or key at the base of the plasic cover and pry out, the top of the triangular cover is hinged. Open that up and removed the torx bolt. Its a t-25 or t30. Remove the jack cover a sill plate if needed and the pull the pillar straight out as possible. Try not to twist on it or it might break one of the two clips holding it on. The swing it out of the way.
rick
Crew
Crew

Post by rick »

If the seatbelt is wet it should dry out over night. You can dry everything out with a hairdryer.
mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

RE: C pillar removal

Post by mjmcdowell »

For Rick: Thanx, stay safe, mjmcdowell
Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Cajun »

I had the same problem. After 3 trips to the dealer's body shop, it was discovered that the rear window leaked. They added a bead of sealant along the outside,but that leaked too. Finally removed the rear glass and re-set it. I've been dry ever since. Other areas to look at; the body seam at the roof just above the rear pillar, the 3rd brake light and the roof rack bolt holes are all notorious for leaking. Good luck!

Craig
[size=75]03 ZR5 Crew Cab[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

mine leaked also , it leaked on top of the rolled up belt and would be dripping when you pulled the belt out. it was my back window
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]