keyless remote?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

T-bone02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

keyless remote?

Post by T-bone02 »

Just my luck, lost my keys the other day along with my keyless remote to my crew. Only came with one from the dealership cause I bought it used. I have both remotes from my '98 blazer I traded in on it. Was wondering If those remotes will work with my '02 crew, even though the blazer remotes have one more button (rear hatch release) than my crew remote. Found some on ebay for about 20 bucks but was trying to save myself the trouble of having to buy another remote. If they will work does anyone know the program sequence for the remotes?
[size=75]modified air box, aluminum skid shields, custom sirius radio, 15%tint, powdercoated diamond bed rails/toolbox, mild t-bar crank, Reese class III receiver hitch, 1 3/8 core high capacity radiator[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It is worth a shot.
The "sequence" is on the S-10CREWCAB.COM website - Programming keyless remote transmitters

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

1. Close all the vehicle doors.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
7. Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
T-bone02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

keyless remote

Post by T-bone02 »

Dang, you guys are quick!!! Thanks for the info.
[size=75]modified air box, aluminum skid shields, custom sirius radio, 15%tint, powdercoated diamond bed rails/toolbox, mild t-bar crank, Reese class III receiver hitch, 1 3/8 core high capacity radiator[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BADs Crew wrote:..........................................7. Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters................................................

I may have a small problem with this :wink:

I picked up an OEM wireless entry key fob off of EBAY for under $15 figuring my bad luck would remain with me for awhile and wanted a spare. :lol:

I've got the power seats that have the memory power seat settings for drivers 1 and 2. Borrow her key fob and get crammed into the steering wheel and your head into the roof (that one mystified me for awhile when I would borrow her keys) :lol:

I have searched automotiveforums.com like the seller recommended if a buyer has problems but cannot get more than two working. They all three work, just two at a time :o I know it is a moot point to most because if, one goes into the lake with my pet duck, I can program the third one. :wink:

I would like for all to work just in case of the unforeseen :!:

It's not a grave problem but, maybe a challenge to a member to solve if, they are bored to tears :lol:

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]