TOWING

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Crew02
Crew
Crew

TOWING

Post by Crew02 »

There has been a lot of talk lately about towing with the crew cabs. I tow with mine and do not have any problems. I have added a transmission cooler , temperature gauge , and have the fluid serviced every 50,000 miles. While the Crew Cab is not an ideal tow vehicle, its not that bad either.

There are a lot of number thrown around on here as far as GVW, GCVW, GTVW, and so on. Some of the information that has been supplied is correct, and some of it is wrong. After reading the posts on several of the travel trailer boards, I have found that a lot of the information supplied there is incorrect also. Just like some of the other S-10 boards out there.

There is web site called http://www.rvtowingtips.com/ which has work sheets for towing. These work sheets are in excel format and you simply plug in the numbers from your truck and your trailer and they will tell you if you are trying to pull too much with your truck. It will even tell you how much additional weight you can add to your trailer or vehicle. There is even a work sheet for horsepower. You supply the height , width and ground clearance of the truck and trailer combo and the max grade you intend to pull, and it will tell you how much horsepower is required. There is a lot of hear say out there, but I have always found that the numbers do not lie. Hope this helps.
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
Amateur Radio Operator KC4-IKR[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

loded my crew down last fall 2 dogs, cage, baby, wife, me, food, cargo carier on roof and pulling a pop up full of $!*&. no problems. i have pics but dont know how to post then yet.
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd