Rear door interior

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Rear door interior

Post by NTXCrew »

The exterior door handle of our rear doors look the same, but the interior side looks a lot different....does anyone know where they came from? Did they make them? Maybe a 4 door Blazer? Can our resident blazer owner check for us? :D
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya they look old. they're probably off some old design from the 90's that they put in blazers or the crewcab s-10 in other countries
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Sure thing --- Can someone post a pic of what their inside of rear door looks like, and I can tell you if it looks like mine.

My truck is at the alignment shop right now, but I can post a pic of mine later on tonight.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

here's a pic from a rear door of a blazer....

it looks like it matches the front door handles the way that it should. i dont know why they couldnt of made ours like that. who knows where our handles came from
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

yep--that's my rear door.

Wasn't the Crew an Isuzu in a foreign market before chevy badged it and brought it to the states?

Maybe that's where the rear doors came from.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

adrenalnjunky wrote:yep--that's my rear door.

Wasn't the Crew an Isuzu in a foreign market before chevy badged it and brought it to the states?

well i dont know. i think they still called it GM...mexico still called it a LUV...depends which country you are in
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

That's odd, because my front doors have handles exactly like the one in the back seat of a blazer, did they change the front handles in the crews?
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Dragonmaster wrote:That's odd, because my front doors have handles exactly like the one in the back seat of a blazer, did they change the front handles in the crews?
no...the back of the blazer is just like our fronts too...our rears are different :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

I think the only reason we don't have those handles is that our power window button is in our rear handle pod. It's def. strange looking since it does not match the front ones but no one has ever noticed or asked me so it's not a bad thing. The only bad thing about our rear handles is if you have someone tall in the rear seat, they might open the window as their knee hits the button. It's happened a few times to me so I just lock the windows when I have someone in the rear.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Conman wrote: The only bad thing about our rear handles is if you have someone tall in the rear seat, they might open the window as their knee hits the button. It's happened a few times to me so I just lock the windows when I have someone in the rear.

Con
yes it happens to me all the time....i always have mine on lock....and the back freakin doors dont have any leg room while getting in...you should hear the people grunt or moan while getting inside...but once inside there is plenty of room
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

The Crew was sold in South America before GM started marketing it here.

Also my buddy in the Air Force said they have had them for several years in the military. He said they had some in Kuwait back when he was there in 1998, if I recall corrrectly. They were GMC and Chevy badged.

I have no idea why GM waited to market them here until they did.
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Mike H. wrote:

The Crew was sold in South America before GM started marketing it here.

Also my buddy in the Air Force said they have had them for several years in the military. He said they had some in Kuwait back when he was there in 1998, if I recall corrrectly. They were GMC and Chevy badged.

I have no idea why GM waited to market them here until they did.
i thought i heard they started making them in 1996
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

First thing I notice looking at the pics is CUPHOLDERS! Now why don't we have them back there?
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

GaryH wrote:First thing I notice looking at the pics is CUPHOLDERS! Now why don't we have them back there?
now that is something serious to complain about :x
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

a2b wrote:
GaryH wrote:First thing I notice looking at the pics is CUPHOLDERS! Now why don't we have them back there?
Yeah, right. I can see it now: "Oh, here kids, have a couple of open cokes back there. Sure, just set them in the door cup holders after you're done spilling them."
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Mike H. wrote:
a2b wrote:
Yeah, right. I can see it now: "Oh, here kids, have a couple of open cokes back there. Sure, just set them in the door cup holders after you're done spilling them."
Hey, I have a 3 year old. He's spilled far worse in the back seat of my CC! He's TRASHED the back of our Lumina. Nothing like the smell of spilled and rotting milk in the carpeting! :puke:
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Trust me--I have em, and they're useless. Thank God for Husky Liners.

They're either too big around or too small to fit any normal size can/bottle drink, and they're only like an inch deep at most, so there's no side support for what fits in there.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Yeah, I know. Really, I was just kidding about the cup holders but I guess sometimes my attempts at humor come across as serious! I sure wasn't kidding about the rotten milk smell though. Whew, Nasty!
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

GaryH wrote:Hey, I have a 3 year old. He's spilled far worse in the back seat of my CC! He's TRASHED the back of our Lumina. Nothing like the smell of spilled and rotting milk in the carpeting! :puke:
I have a 4 and 7 and they are always with me. I don't let them have full drinks, or anything without a lids. :lol:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Mike H. wrote:
GaryH wrote:Hey, I have a 3 year old. He's spilled far worse in the back seat of my CC! He's TRASHED the back of our Lumina. Nothing like the smell of spilled and rotting milk in the carpeting! :puke:
I have a 4 and 7 and they are always with me. I don't let them have full drinks, or anything without a lids. :lol:
Well, so much for staying on subject about rear door panels. Anyway, I never let my kid in the car without a "sippy cup" which is supposed to be spill proof, which they really aren't. What happens is the cup drops on the floor, rolls under the seat and proceeds to slowly leak into the carpet. If it's milk, the smell will help you find the cup in a couple of days!
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

I make sure my puppies go potty before riding...............yeah, no kids. :lol:
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

Got any pics of the rear interior of a crew yet?
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

Voila!!!!! Here's the back seat of a 95 Jimmy :arrow: last version:

The handle setup is the same, minus the window switch!
-Jim
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Yep -- those door handles are like the ones on my buddies 2 door 94 S10 -- 1st year of the 2nd gen.

That explains that.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

maybe gm had an overabundance of parts and in an attempt to get rid of all of them before the canyon and colorado come out, they used old parts to build the crew. Funny how you notice the seam at the rear door. Looks like that seam was originally an extended cab cab with a foot added on....Maybe GM made too many s-10 and Noma's over the past few years and decided to recycle.....can somone say conspiracy theory? :lol:
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

I've noticed the exterior weld seam underneath the rear door, too.......
-Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

NTXCrew wrote:I've noticed the exterior weld seam underneath the rear door, too.......
You guys didn't really think they would build new dies to stamp out the crew cab , did you? :roll:

From the "seam" forward is a Blazer, add the "section" and then seam back is the pick-up cab.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

HenryJ wrote:
NTXCrew wrote:I've noticed the exterior weld seam underneath the rear door, too.......
You guys didn't really think they would build new dies to stamp out the crew cab , did you? :roll:

From the "seam" forward is a Blazer, add the "section" and then seam back is the pick-up cab.
It's not the front of an extended cab? :?: Cool.
-Jim