Headliner

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

cruzzonn

Headliner

Post by cruzzonn »

I was washing my crew the other day and noticed my headliner was showing below the black area that outlines the rear window. It doesn't look right to me just hanging there.I got inside to check it out and it looks like it should be tucked into something. Could someone check and see how there liner is installed ?
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

The back end is just held up by little velcro (they call them hook and loop so they don't have to pay royalties) tabs. Just push up along the back edge and it should stick up there, if not, take it in and they should cover that under warranty.
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The Crews don't have velcro, the only support (other than the console, hooks and grab handles) is the plastic pieces that cover the A,B,C posts.

Above the rear window does look a little "unfinished" and does stick down into the door opening.

I had not really noticed it until I added the insulation.

Just make sure that it is tucked into the post covers correctly, that holds the sides up "tight".

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

wow, they really cheaped out on your trucks, I didn't think they would leave out a couple of $0.02 pieces of velcro just to save a buck, but that figures, they build a vehicle that is supposed to be more sophisticated and refined, but they leave out the important stuff like fit and finish and charge an arm and a leg for it. :x
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
jayall23
Regular
Regular

Post by jayall23 »

I had to get my headliner replaced today, and I noticed the same thing. I looked at a couple other s10's and thats how they all are unfortunatly.