2003 Crew Cab Rear Fender Skirt

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

rdivirgilio
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

2003 Crew Cab Rear Fender Skirt

Post by rdivirgilio »

I just noticed that i have a black skirt on the inside of the rear driver side wheel housing to protect something but its not on the passenger side. When i called the dealership i was told that this is normal??

Does this sound strange to anyone else??
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Probably to keep you from slinging mud/water/debris up onto your fuel pump/filter assembly maybe?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

I don't have any on the back of my ext cab if it helps.
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

adrenalnjunky wrote:Probably to keep you from slinging mud/water/debris up onto your fuel pump/filter assembly maybe?
That's what I figured it is for :D Other than maybe making that annoying "milk jug beating on the underside" noise, while driving in a cross wind ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Yeah, Im sure every crew cab is like that. If you dont have a bed liner you can see that one of our wheel wells is longer than the other near the front of the bed, due to the gas tank. Im guessing that it has something to do with the gas tank and how the wheel wells are different
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
cruzzonn

fender skirt

Post by cruzzonn »

I was told from the dealer that it was there to protect the gas tank. I had the same question, why on one side and not the other.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

Yeah, Im sure every crew cab is like that. If you dont have a bed liner you can see that one of our wheel wells is longer than the other near the front of the bed, due to the gas tank. Im guessing that it has something to do with the gas tank and how the wheel wells are different

They are. With my roll bar, I had to make a triangular bracket for the passanger side. The roll bar sat flush on the "hump" but as i cut out the passanger side, it's not the same
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]