Gonna Take Truck to Service

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

MikeyZR5

Gonna Take Truck to Service

Post by MikeyZR5 »

Hey fellas I am going to take the truck to the dealership for them to check on the DRIVESHAFT problem and the HOT FOOT issue...any suggestions on how to describe this problem to them?
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Gonna Take Truck to Service

Post by Conman »

MikeyZR5 wrote:Hey fellas I am going to take the truck to the dealership for them to check on the DRIVESHAFT problem and the HOT FOOT issue...any suggestions on how to describe this problem to them?

What drive shaft problem you talking about? I don't remember what issues there were. As for the hot foot, tell them when the climate control is in the OFF position, Hot air blows at the feet.

BTW, My climate control has finally broke down and it won't change positions anymore(check my old post about this). It use to only happen in the winter when really cold but now it's stuck for good. I'm taking mine in as well shortly. Mine appears to have a vacum leak sound as if the controls are either jambed or leaking air.

Good Luck,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

They will tell you that the hot feet thing is normal. Seach for my post about the hot feet fix, this is the only way easily fix this without cutting or installing valves. should only take about five minutes to do if you aren't even the slightest bit mechanically inclined.
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
MikeyZR5

Post by MikeyZR5 »

Is it the drive shaft when you truck sounds like a Diesel?

I remember a post, but i cant remember what it was...
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

MikeyZR5 wrote:Is it the drive shaft when you truck sounds like a Diesel?

I remember a post, but i cant remember what it was...

I think you mean the ticking noise from the engine? If so, that's the balancer shaft noise or something like that. I don't remember the post off hand.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
MikeyZR5

Post by MikeyZR5 »

OH ya....that's it...

All i know is, it happens on occasion, but when it happens, it is so loud.

Like a jet engine.
Don
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thats it.....

Post by Don »

Dragonmaster has it.....just do what he says about the actuator vacuum line,,take it off...and ta-dah..... :P

The quickest fix in here....
MikeyZR5

Post by MikeyZR5 »

I notice that HOT air is blowing at my feet even with the A/C off. Is this the fix for this, because it is killing me.