Where's your oil pressure at??

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Detailcrew
Regular
Regular

Where's your oil pressure at??

Post by Detailcrew »

Ok people need to compare..Curious where your oil pressure gauge needle reads when: ( the engine is at operating temp, and your sitting at an idle?) and where it reads during normal driving? ) i dont think mine is reading right and my mechanic is going to check it out considering that I just had a brand new long block installed and want to make sure everything is runing right! Thanks guys
[size=75]02 Chevy Crew Cab, Gaylord Tonnou cover,Gibson Exhaust,American Racing wheels, K&N filter,billet grille[/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Once warm it dips down to about 1/4 of the gauge (I forget what that reads). As soon as the engine climbs past ~1500rpm it's back up at 3/4 of the gauge (I think about 60psi?!?!). My 2.2 in the Xtreme behaves about the same way, and I'm running Synthetic 5w30 in both.
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Roughly 40 on the average but. our gauges are not known for their accuracy.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

f9k9 wrote:Roughly 40 on the average but. our gauges are not known for their accuracy.
Very true......they should read "some" and "None".....that would be a bit more accurate. :D :D
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

As long as you have at least 10 psi for every 1000 rpm you are ok. :wink:

Steve
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I drove my 95 Blazer to work today and at idle it was at 30psi, while traveling down the road it was running 60psi. The Blazer has 140,000 miles on it. I will check my Crew tomorrow.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Detailcrew
Regular
Regular

Post by Detailcrew »

Thanks for the help guys...
[size=75]02 Chevy Crew Cab, Gaylord Tonnou cover,Gibson Exhaust,American Racing wheels, K&N filter,billet grille[/size]