MORE LEAKS !!!

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

MORE LEAKS !!!

Post by 04crewvt »

Ok my truck seems to be leak prone. When installing the skid plates tonight I found a leak at the gasket between the oil pan and the transmission, as well as what appears to be a sizable leak in the power steering I had fluid all over the plastic front shield when I removed it. Power steering had almost no fluid in it. :shock: :x May be a leak from when the replaced the power steering gear box. I will have to run it like this for the week and get it in to the shop next week. I will just have to make sure everything is topped off for the weekend. I do not think either is enough to warrant not going on the run this weekend. Will try to get pics of what I found on here in the morning. Got to ge tthem uploaded.
This is the only photo that came out, couldn't get a shot of were the power steering is leaking from to come out. not enough light and bad angle for the camera flash.Image
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Are you sure it is currently leaking and not just the mess left over from the replacement?
It may have been underfilled afterward?

Fill it and watch the level.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I will keep an eye on it but it is worth having the dealer look at it also. It is still under warranty for about 6 months/10k miles and I would like them to find and fix anything that is wrong on their dime. I all ready have to take it in for them to fint the leak that is getting the carpet wet so I might as well have them check everything out I can think of at the same time.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
rick
Crew
Crew

Post by rick »

Could be a rear main seal :cry:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If it does not leave a mark on the driveway, it is not enough to worry about.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

The photo looks like a rear main leak just getting started. This just means your small block (wannabe) chevy is getting broke in. Its just a fact of life small block chevy rear mains leak. They don't leak a lot but eventually they all leak. (At least all the good ones do. :wink: ) The dealer might fix it and they might not, I personally wouldn't worry about if it was out of warranty but a free fix is always nice.
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]