door hinge pin

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

door hinge pin

Post by kermit »

Lately my door has been making a creaking noise everytime I open it. I figured something just needed some lube, but after furthe inspection the bushing is gone one the upper hinge pin. Does anyone know how hard it might be to replace one, or will I have to take it to the dealer?

Thanks
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Here's how you "fix" it

I've been getting by for a while by just whacking the pin back in place with a hammer every few weeks...
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
ZR5OnIt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ZR5OnIt »

This is a super easy fix, BTW. I did this 2 weeks after getting my truck.
Advice: Don't try to do it alone, get a helper for holding the door. I ended up scratching the paint when I couldn't hold the door while installing the bushing. Took me 2 hours when with a helper I probly coulda done it in 30 min. But no, I thought I'd be macho man & do it myself (like I always do :wink: )
[size=75]2003 ZR5, 6" Superlift, cut out flares, step rails, 1.5" rear spacers, 15x8 Pro Comp 1079 wheels w/ 3.75" BS, 33/12.50-15 BFG AT-KO tires[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Super easy fix. You can do it by yourself, but use a ladder over the door to hold it with some straps. Took about 20 min per side. Also, a door spring removal tool was essential. I found one a local body shop/paint supply store for $12.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

Thanks for the help; now to find a buddy to hold the door!
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

okay... so its been a while since I posted about this...

but I've just been knocking the pin back in place and adding a little grease...

Today I finally went by Advanced Auto Parts after work and asked about the door spring tool and they had no idea what i was talking about. Is it not that common or are they just not that knowledgeable? What does it look like incase I need to go back tomorrow and explain it too them?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
rlith
Crew
Crew

Post by rlith »

The guys you ran into were idiots...That said, it's not available there, grab it at napa.
[size=75]See my ride at www.pghconsulting.net/teal[/size]