Gm eSI DVD

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Gm eSI DVD

Post by 04crewvt »

Has anyone tried to use the GM eSI DVD repair manual? I bought a set off E-Bay and can't get it to run on either my WinXP or Win2K system after installing all I get is the error SI stand alone application is installed you must install SI data to continue. I am trying to get more info on the problem from the seller but any ideas would be appreciated.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Did you load the data to your hard drive after installation of the programs?

Does your firewall allow access to port 9001?

I have not tried the DVD version. It looks as if you must use the DVD and read the information off of the disk. I guess it may be too much to copy to the hard drive?

The seller will likely be your best source of information. Let us know how it all works out.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

I Got A Note With Mine That Says:
GM ESI wrote:Please Note The The ESI Program Needs To Gain Access To Computer Port 9001 So Make Sure Firewall Allows Access
If You Are Running Windows XP Is It Possible That The Built In Firewall Is Blocking This??
GM ESI wrote: Go To Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services And Check That SI Tomcat And SI Transbase Are Running, If They Are Not Running Start Them Manually
I Had To Do This The First Time To Get My ESI Program To Run. Hope This Helps :D
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

with my XP system I have lots of blocking/antispy running thats why I went to a fresh install of WIN2K on a blank HD no virus/firewall/antispy at all Tomcat and Transbase were running. I think the DVD is supposed to be in and running when the application is in use. But it does not seem to access it when I start the program. I sent a message to the seller and he thinks it might be a bad disk will let poeple know if things work out. If iI can get it running it was a good price $31 shipped.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]