Lower Ball Joints

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

BowtieZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Lower Ball Joints

Post by BowtieZR5 »

ok i went to national tire and battery today to get some new tires and an alignment check. they told me they alignment wouldn't hold due to the fact that my lower ball joints were "shot". and i needed new shocks (which i already knew) then the quoted me a price for the lower ball joints of $375. is this outragous? or normal?
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Although I've never priced them, from what I can remember from other posts on the forum, this seems a bit high, but I could be wrong. Someone who's had it done will come along soon and let us know for sure :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

If you were having the work done at my dealership, we'd charge about $360 + tax...that's including parts, labor, and alignment. Labor book says 2.8 hrs for both lowers. Parts are around $40 ea.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Looks like I was wrong :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Just be glad you don't own a Super Duty. A set of ball joints on those starts at around $500.
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

You might want to consider replacing your uppers also while they've got everything pulled out. Have them check out the upper ball joints real good. When I had mine done, my lowers were gone and my uppers were just a little bad so I had them replace both. If I am not mistaken they have to pull the lowers to get to the uppers anyway. Oh and that sounds like a good price. Also, I would suggest you replace them with Moog ball joints. Just my two cents.
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Steve2003 wrote:Also, I would suggest you replace them with Moog ball joints. Just my two cents.
That's what I got. The consensus among the techs at my dealership is that Moog replacement parts are the way to go.
[size=75]Mark