Great Brake Job

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Great Brake Job

Post by BADs Crew »

This is the kind of brake job you get at a Maryland State Inspection Station. Check out this rotor. Just after I left this station 12 weeks ago I took the truck back with a squeeling noise coming from this wheel. By the time I got back there it had stoped. I should have made them pull the wheel then, but the mechanic told me that maybe a stone had got in it. I started to notice a lot of brake dust on the same wheel over the past weeks. Well today I went back and made them pull the wheel. They never even turned them. They left both front rotors like this. He said " Well we never turned them" Well that is pretty obvious. I would think if they had taken the time to look at them they would have found that the rotors where beyond turning. I had both the front ones replaced today but I didn't even ask to pull the rears because I am not sure how I'm going to handle this. I paid over $400.00 to have the brake job done the first time. I paid $124.00 to replace the front rotors today. Does anyone know what a full brake job with 4 new rotors should cost? I'm just about ready to drop a dime on this place to the Maryland State Police but if I can find a price on a full brake job I might let it go and tell them to do it rite for the rite price. You know what? Lets me hear what you guys would do. Would you drop the dime or go for the fix?

Last edited by BADs Crew on Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Dime............Dime............ Dime............ Dime............ Dime............Dime............Dime............ Dime............ Dime............ Dime............ Dime............Dime............ Dime............ Dime............ Dime............ Dime............Dime............ Dime............ Dime............ Dime............
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

theres not a chance I would have paid anything else they would have fixed it and made everything right or drop the DIME
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

1. if i paid $400 for a brake job, they better give me the old parts back!!!

2. and yes... dime..dime...dime....and to the better business bureau!! attorney general's office!! and whoever else you can think of!!!!!

3. i would have "made" them put the rotors on for no charge!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Wow....having my front rotors replaced and new shoes on my 00 Sonoma only cost me $240 tax and all. I'd expect some mighty good brakes for that price. Just from looking at that pic, I'd call the state police or whoever before even going back.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Sorry for the wrong info but my brake job was done 12 weeks ago not 4. It still doesn't matter, rotors don't get that way in 12 weeks. I have never seen a wear pattern like that in a rotor, The ceramic pads where torn to hell. about 1/2" of both outside edges of the pads where tore up and only the center inch or so was stopping the truck. This was on both the left and right of the truck and was only on the inside part of the rotor. The outside of the rotors looked like a wash board. The way I look at it this garage put my life and my families life in danger. I trusted them to do it rite. Its dealer repairs only from here on in. I am going to drop my truck off at the dealer next week and have them look at the rear brakes as well as the front. After I get the bill I will move forward with my contacts to the proper authorities. They will never see my face at that shop again but they will remember me for sure.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
rlith
Crew
Crew

Post by rlith »

Another shining example of why I do my own brake jobs. Aside from the cost (30 bux a rotor, 30 for a full set of ceramic pads) I know if something is messed up I have no one to blame but myself.
[size=75]See my ride at www.pghconsulting.net/teal[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

rlith wrote:Another shining example of why I do my own brake jobs. Aside from the cost (30 bux a rotor, 30 for a full set of ceramic pads) I know if something is messed up I have no one to blame but myself.
I agree 100% I also do my own
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

wamason wrote:Wow....having my front rotors replaced and new shoes on my 00 Sonoma only cost me $240 tax and all. I'd expect some mighty good brakes for that price. Just from looking at that pic, I'd call the state police or whoever before even going back.
You installed your Skidz flares yourself and paid $240 for for 2 rotors and pads installed?Image
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I would have done them myself but when I needed it done I also needed tires so I just let them do it all. The only reeson I am going to take it to the dealer is have a paper trail. If all works out they will pay me that $$$ back.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I wasn't referring to you, BADs Crew, I was giving Walt a hard time. :wink:
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

As an inspector mechanic, I can say REPORT THEM. People like this should not be allowed to get away with this kind of robbery.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I went by the station and left my card today so the owner could call me. Well it turns out the mechanic that worked on the truck is the owner. I knew it had just changed hands because when I commented on the missing State Inspection sign I was told by another mechanic who is the inspector that the place just changed hands and they where doing the paper work to get there inspection status back.

The new owner/mechanic told me that he had taken it for a test drive before he did the brake job and it didn't shake when he applied the brakes. That means it didn't need rotors. :lol: . I guess if your Stevie Wonder this works. He said he told me that before which is a lie. I would have never tried to save a buck at this.

I just sent the photo and an email to the Maryland State Police. It will still cost me more yet because I still need to do the back two rotors but at this point I don't care. I just want someone to know what this garage is doing.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Great Brake Job

Post by F9K9 »

BADs Crew wrote:..............I paid over $400.00 to have the brake job........ done the first time.

Okay, I realize that things cost more where you are at versus a third world country like S.E. KY but, WTF cost $400 if, the rotors were left intact?

I do think you handled the situation in a civil manner. You did well. I'd hate to think what my reaction would be. Hopefully, I have matured enough not to do something crazy like toss the rotors through the establishment's plate glass window :evil:
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Well the owner told me today that a full brake job with rotors was would have cost over $800.00. He wrote on the invoice ...2, 55047 Rotors. $143.67. I was told when I was there he had to get them from Pep Boys because it was too late to get them from his regular supplier, So I stopped by Pep Boys today and they don't carry a rotor with that part number but the rotor that fits the S-10 4wd front is a 5504G at $27.99 each. Its funny that the G is replace by a 7. See any conection? When I asked him today about this today he said, " I didn't get them from Pep Boys. :roll:
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Did that $400 include lifetime replacement of pads? 'cause with rotors like that, you're gonna need your pads changed every week or two.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

If you have time, I smell "small claims" court in your future. If you don't have the time, find the time to report this everywhere you can. Might help some kid, or family that is actually working to make something of themselves and not drawing a check.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

What a hose job! Do you have an itemized bill from the original brake job? I would enter a complaint withe the BBB and If you paid with a charge card I would see if they could help you with a dispute. Either way what a lousy way to do business.Image Nothing like making you want to do thisImage
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

barch97 wrote:Did that $400 include lifetime replacement of pads? 'cause with rotors like that, you're gonna need your pads changed every week or two.
The pads say lifetime but I naver even got a card from them to mail in so I guess I'm screwed on that one too.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I think it cost like 25 bucks to file a claim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:...pads say lifetime ...
Check to see if they are ceramic.

Our trucks come from the factory with ceramic pads. lifetime pads tend to be a very hard bimetallic pads and eat rotors like crazy. Ceramic are not as hard on the rotors and still last a very long time.

Rotors can vary in iron content. Uneven wear and over heating can be the issues there. Rotors rarely have enough material to be turned today due to the long life of the ceramic pads. They may wear out a second set of pads, but they will be done for sure after that. It is not uncommon to change the rotors with the pads everytime.

It is really tough to pick a side here. Buyer beware comes to mind. You want to know what parts are being reconditioned and replaced as well as the brand and type of parts used. Getting a written estimate can be of help.

I can sympathize with a shop trying to save you a few bucks not replacing rotors , when perhaps it would have been safer to change them. You should not have been charged for parts you did not receive though. A year is a long time to warranty a repair. I do it, but rely on my suppliers to stand by their parts as well.

Use your best judgement on the best course of action. Don't let your blood pressure get to high over it. At worst, let it go and use it as a learning experience.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

04crewvt wrote:What a hose job! Do you have an itemized bill from the original brake job? I would enter a complaint withe the BBB and If you paid with a charge card I would see if they could help you with a dispute. Either way what a lousy way to do business.Image Nothing like making you want to do thisImage

I have the invoice but it is at my office, I will check it out closely tomorrow. The BBB is my next stop. I checked and they have never had a claim under the old ownership. I think the new owner is just thinking $$$$$$ and not customer service. I have been dealing with this place for years with no problems until just the past 3 months or so. They know I was a good customer and I think he should have just owned up to it and made it rite but he chose the hard way. NO MERCY.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:................................ At worst, let it go and use it as a learning experience.
That is a good point but, I'd like it to be a learning experience for me and try to save someone else from it being a costly learning experience when they could spend a couple weeks of grocery money on a job that isn't a scam. There are people out there deciding if, paying the heat bill or buying groceries to feed hungry mouths is more important.

Not all of the world is saving money for the next mod or going through mental trauma deciding which is more important, flares or big tires!

I say cut the shop and it's owner off at the knees and feel better for doing it!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

One nice thing here. If you are into saving money for the next mod , or groceries, we are all here to help you maintain your own vehicle. Not only do you get the satisfaction of a job well done, you know it was done right , to the best of your abilities.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:One nice thing here. If you are into saving money for the next mod , or groceries, we are all here to help you maintain your own vehicle. Not only do you get the satisfaction of a job well done, you know it was done right , to the best of your abilities.
No one can spoil a bloodthirsty and "out for blood" rant like our Brule can :wink:

I still wanna see the SOB cut off at the knees though! If he did you that way, what would he do to a young divorced mother of 2?
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Not all of the world is saving money for the next mod or going through mental trauma deciding which is more important, flares or big tires!
Very True.... There are lots of people that don't have the $$$$ to play this game.
I say cut the shop and it's owner off at the knees and feel better for doing it!
And Very Funny

I don't expect to get a penny back but it won't happen again.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BADs Crew wrote:...........I don't expect to get a penny back but it won't happen again.
And the poor single down trodden mother of 2?
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

f9k9 wrote:
BADs Crew wrote:...........I don't expect to get a penny back but it won't happen again.
And the poor single down trodden mother of 2?
Everybody always forgets her......except right about last call time at the bar.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

f9k9 wrote:
wamason wrote:Wow....having my front rotors replaced and new shoes on my 00 Sonoma only cost me $240 tax and all. I'd expect some mighty good brakes for that price. Just from looking at that pic, I'd call the state police or whoever before even going back.
You installed your Skidz flares yourself and paid $240 for for 2 rotors and pads installed?Image
Har har har....

Well, you know.....um.... well....um.....see....um.....

I really don't have a come back for that one :oops:

Wait a minute! I do! Ummm.. that was back several years ago before I started doing alot of maintenance and mods myself. Actually it was close to 5 years ago. I've made alot of progress since then wouldn't you say? :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

border man wrote:
f9k9 wrote:...............And the poor single down trodden mother of 2?
Everybody always forgets her......except right about last call time at the bar.
I knew I saw her somewhere before. Image
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

This is inexcusable. Yes, the buyer should beware but there is absolutely no way to justify charging $400 for at most a $60 set of pads and maybe two hour's labor.

On the other hand, might cutting this shop owner off at the knees maybe make him into a downtrodden father of 2?
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

barch97 wrote:This is inexcusable. Yes, the buyer should beware but there is absolutely no way to justify charging $400 for at most a $60 set of pads and maybe two hour's labor.

On the other hand, might cutting this shop owner off at the knees maybe make him into a downtrodden father of 2?
Screw him, that's what he has done to himself!Image
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

this is the kind of guy who gives us mechanics a bad name. maybe i should call on my old artillery battalion for some "help"??!!??!!??!!
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I pulled the bill at my office today.

Front Pads CMD726 94.70
Rear Pads CMD729 91.31
Labor 170.00
Sub Total 356.01
Tax 17.80
Total 373.81

This is just pads. I called Pep Boys. A full brake job with all new rotors and ceramic pads installed final price $423.24.

I goggled the pad part number CMD726 comes up KEM Pads $46.63
CMD729 KEM Pads $48.57

Add the $373.81 I paid, plus the $215.85 and so far I'm in $589.66 and I still don't have the back rotors and pads the I'm sure I will need. GET A ROPE!!

:evil: I know I should have looked closer in the begining but I stay so active at work I just get lost in crap like this and just pay and go, Never Again.
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

That is some crazy mark up on those pads!!! Forget the rop just send him a bullet.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That price didn't scare me too bad. I like to use the good ceramic pads with new hardware:

Front pads- CMX7593 $83.99Pads Supplied w/Shims OE or Back-Serviced w/ Non-Ferrous Ceramic.

Rear pads- CMX7596 $81.49 Pads Supplied w/ Shims OE or Back-Serviced w/ Non-Ferrous Ceramic.

With a 10% mark up the pices would be close. Add shop rate for 2 1/2 hours and shop supplies that would come to $372.03.

If I were doing it and the rotors were bad , add $122.98 for front rotors and $156.98 for rear rotors.

That brings the total to $651.99

Do it yourself and you are still at close to $450

It doesn't pay to look at price alone. The iron content in the cheap rotors can be inconsistent and lead to premature or uneven wear.
I haven't priced OEM parts from GM, but I assume they would run as much or more than the NAPA parts.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I would have paid $651.99 for a good brake job if it was done rite. I wouldn't have the feeling of getting screwed and it would have lasted more than 12 weeks. But from what I see the mark up is a little more than 10%. I'm not griping if the guy wants to make a buck. I never question his prices on anything in the past but I want it done rite if I'm going to pay top dollar. He has serviced both my trucks for years but this was under the old owner. Wouldn't you have been upset to see those rotors after trusting someone to fix something as important as you brakes. I have a family. For a few bucks in repairs and a Sorry he could had made it rite. But instead he's lost a lot of $$$$$$$ in future repairs. I was going to drop off my Blazer to him next week to put a spider under the intake but that will now go to the dealer. Lost income over shoddy work.

I wasn't going to even bring this up but here is another thing that bugs me. My truck went into this shop on a Saturday for the first brake job. It was parked all weekend. Monday on my way to work the truck dies. I have it towed bake to his shop and rent a car. He calls me and tells me its fixed and the problem was a burnt wire. I payed $153.95 plus the $65.00 car rental. Two weeks later and I think some here will remember, my turn signal went out and I spent all day tracing the wires to find a harness up against the manifold. This wire was the same wire that shorted out my truck, Do you think they tied it back? Taped it? Put a new loom around it? Metal heat tape? NO Nothing they pulled it back put a fuze in it and called me to pay them $ 153.95 Its funny that this happen rite after they did the brakes and the harness is rite in the wheel well. Could they have pushed it back by doing the brake job when they set the rotor or parts up on the swing arm? Its funny that the truck is a 2001 and the harness just made its way there. I didn't even say anything then. I just let it go. You know what they say about no pissing off the cook.
Last edited by BADs Crew on Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You are right in all respects. Word gets around and his shop will not last long with those practices. Thank goodness his prices are not lower. The reputable shops can still afford to make a buck using good parts :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Sorry HJ I edited my post at the same time you replied.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:...You know what they say about no pissing off the cook.
Might have been best to find another place to eat. Hind sight is 20/20

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I am gonna shut up after this post. To charge what he charged is just plain theft. Any mechanic worth his salt would have turned the rotors, at the very least!

I have always had the rotors being turned with a brake pad replacement! It was not an option unless specifically requested not to and that is even in a government ride when the shop smells unlimited funds (or so they think).

Talk what you might charge if, you did it but, it still stinks and just going to bed tonite and hoping the next client is wise is just pure BS!!!!!!

It is the same lame BS as not voting and then bi_ching about the current person in public office.

It ain't gonna be fixed unless you get off your AS_ and do somthing about it!

Sticking one's head in the sand and thinking that a jerk like that will soon be out of business isn't the answer! How many more Johns is he gonna screw before that happens?

Outa this thread, anyway.!
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Well I'm about to piss him off good and I promiss I wont eat there anymore. :lol:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

thats it stab him in the neck with a rusty screwdriver :)
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

sucks to read his. i hope ya get something for it.

btw i do have 1 rear rotor thats good at my house if ya want it lol
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

jeff024 wrote:thats it stab him in the neck with a rusty screwdriver :)
Wow Jeff I like your thinking :D , how much do you charge? :wink: so I can give you a call next time someone screws me over at a auto shop. :lol:

BADs what was the final outcome? Here in So Cal it's really hard to find a reputable shop. It seems like once you find a good shop you can trust they either sell out or retire and leave it to their kids.
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

its free of charge :)
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I sent my complaint via the Maryland State Police website and have heard nothing yet. It doesn't suprize me. I will give them another week than I will go to the B.B.B. I was hopping for a state inspection first.
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

go to the BBB tomorrow!!! don't wait any longer.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

The State Police said they can't do anything so I filed a complaint with the BBB today. I also sent a copy of the complaint to the oil company that flys there flag over this great station. Lets see how this goes from here.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BADs Crew wrote:The State Police said they can't do anything so I filed a complaint with the BBB today. I also sent a copy of the complaint to the oil company that flys there flag over this great station. Lets see how this goes from here.
I commend you for trying :thumb:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I have a book of matches im not using :twisted:

:popcorn:
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

:lol: I remember when we used a book of matches to keep the 8 track tape player working. The old school guys here will know what I mean. :lol: No, I will just keep him replying to mail until it drives him nuts. I'm a service manager. I know what will get to him. :lol:
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

jeff024 wrote:I have a book of matches im not using :twisted:

:popcorn:
:lol: :lol: :x :x :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :idea:
A rusted screw driver then the matches :wink:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

The BBB contacted me today and wants me to fax them the invoices. I also received an email from the oil company requesting my phone number, After reading their reply it seems that I might just win on this one. I know they run a tight ship with this station. They got on his ass for just having a "For Sale " sign in his truck while it was on the lot.