fender question

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

fender question

Post by RidinhighS10 »

i dont understand how most cc i c have 33s or 35s and they dont have any problems with rubbing, but i put them on and the back ones seem to touch when i go over bumps...how did "quickbiker" put 35s on his truck yet no rubbing in the back? I can understand the front needing it but the back? I am going to take my truck in later this week hopefully to get shaved down a little...
[size=75](2)Kicker S8L7's...new chrome design, one more still needs to be installed, Audiobahn 1800W class Dmono amp, 6" superlift k776, 32x11.5 procomp Muds, American Racing Baja's[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: fender question

Post by barch97 »

I don't think anyone has 33's or 35's here on stock suspension/body/wheels. My stock tires/wheels rubbed the inside of the wheel well on the passenger side when only moderately flexed. This was likely a result of my off center bed but shows how little room there is for larger tires in the rear. There are several ways to make more room. Add spacers or wheels with smaller backspacing. Cut your fenders out and add flares. Add shackles or body lift. To name a few.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

quickbiker has a solid axle swap done on his. He probably has at least 3 more inches of lift than yours. And he also trimmed off the lower portion of the bed sides behind the rear tire to allow a custom bumper.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

ohhh, i c...i just talked to the 4x4 place here in town and im gonna try to get new tires. mine were rubbing too much so im gonna go with the 32s instead. That way i wont have to worry about cutting anything extra, compromising drivability, and other stuff.
[size=75](2)Kicker S8L7's...new chrome design, one more still needs to be installed, Audiobahn 1800W class Dmono amp, 6" superlift k776, 32x11.5 procomp Muds, American Racing Baja's[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Fellas in case you missed it RidinhighS10 has the 6in SL and should be able to run 33s.

RidinhighS10
what back spacing are your new wheels and what 33s are you rinning?
your rear tires should have been fine just the fronts should hit
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

he's got American Racing Baja rims, 3 3/4" backspacing, 33X12.50 tires. the same rims and size tires i'm running.

as far as rubbing goes in the rear, i had all kinds of issues. i opened up the rear fenders by cutting about 2 inches out of the back half. i didn't trim any from the front of the back fender and haven't had any rubbing issues since.

the front fender was a complete remodel.......but no rubbing there anymore either.

you can always add a bl, add a leaf, and/or shackles to clear your tires in the rear.

there's always more options than smaller tires :wink:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

that little of BS isnt helping any either those wheels are stickin way out
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

I am with Bwenny on this one. I suggest contacting Cknaffle in the ZR2.com forum about some custom made shackles. He is a serious welder that makes his shackles whatever length you need and they are very strong for offroading. A lot of the serious offroaders in the ZR2 forum use his. Here is the link:

Custom heavy duty shackles from cknaffle

With the right shackles you might not need to put on smaller tires.
[size=75]Tom (Knight) Houston, TX
2005 BlazeR2 (still have)
2013 Avalanche LTZ (Z71 front end and flares/0
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
2006 Avalanche Z71 (sold)
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Dont forget that Bubbaloo1983 has shackles too!!
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

hey thanks for the info...again, i dont have tools with me or anyway of doing it myself, ill ask the new company im going to about it and what they think...if so then ill do that so i dont have to hassle with smaller tires.