My ZR5

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Buckshot
Regular
Regular

My ZR5

Post by Buckshot »

Don't get me wrong, I love my truck!! But evidently the good folks at GM left some parts off my truck. I'm missing the plastic trim piece that covers the frame rails for the seats. I'm wanting to do the "hot butt" mod and have no where to mount the controls. I'm also missing the extra power outlets on the passenger side. My ZR2 has these features, did GM run out of parts on my 04? I thought the "Z" package pretty much covered all the options with the exception of radio's and leather or cloth seats. I won't even mention the missing cupholders in the rear area! :twisted: I guess I need to find a good salvage yard.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

2001 had quite a few things standard. As the years went by things started becoming optional. Rear slider , power ports , lighted vanity mirrors, bed liner, under hood light and full size spare are just a few of the differences.

Don't waste too much time looking for stock rear cup holders. They didn't have any. Jim did install some though - Cup Holder For The Back Seat

Here is one of the threads that discusses this subject- Difference between '01 - '04

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I have a 2001 as well, and mine came with pretty much everything except leather--and the rear cup holders.... :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Buckshot
Regular
Regular

Post by Buckshot »

I don't have the lighted vanity mirrors either, not that I really need them anyway, also the tray inside the console is missing too. I know these are just little things, but it is frustrating.
Buckshot
Regular
Regular

Post by Buckshot »

HenryJ wrote:2001 had quite a few things standard. As the years went by things started becoming optional. Rear slider , power ports , lighted vanity mirrors, bed liner, under hood light and full size spare are just a few of the differences.

Don't waste too much time looking for stock rear cup holders. They didn't have any. Jim did install some though - Cup Holder For The Back Seat

Here is one of the threads that discusses this subject- Difference between '01 - '04
That's a good link on differences between 01 and 04. Yes, also missing the underhood light, glove box light and full size spare.
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

got 'em all :D

except the cup-holders :(
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

that kills me I dont have a under hood light or I didnt till I took one off another s-10 in a salvage yard. I guess that was one option mine didnt have.
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I think GM decided to market the CC in the US and make it the "king of the S-10 hill". So they included every available option. Then they probably decided that consumers liked having options, so they made some stuff optional....
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Buckshot im in the same Boat as you in my 04
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
RickZRX
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RickZRX »

No cup holder in the back, but FOUR in the front....LOL!
[size=75]Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.[/size]