Blazer 1996 model, V-6 vortec engine, spark plugs

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Qamar
Crew
Crew

Blazer 1996 model, V-6 vortec engine, spark plugs

Post by Qamar »

My subject truck has done 86000 Km. Todate i have not changed the spark plugs. I am the second owner, and i am sure that the previous owner have not changed them.
There is no missing/stalling/late starting etc. The fuel average is very good. If i have crossed the recommended period than what kind of plugs i should be using considering in my place the temprature during summers go to 50 degree centigrade.
Secondly i wanted to ask, should i change the fuel filter also with the above mileage? I am sure that is also not changed.
Regards
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If your mileage is good and no misfires, I'd just inspect one spark plug. If it looks good check them again at 100,000 km.

I like to change the fuel filter at 25,000-50,000 km. Your fuel may vary. If you have to use questionable fuel change it sooner. There is a good thread on changing the fuel filter around here someplace :D

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

I will check one plug and will update accordingly. Well about fuel filter i think its time to change it. If the difference is there will let you know about that also.
Regards