Rear springs squeak like crazy.

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

bfreese

Rear springs squeak like crazy.

Post by bfreese »

I was reading the thread about some of the problems guys have had with their Crews, and it got me thinking. I've been pretty lucky so far. I did have the clunking sound that was made when I rolled my passenger window up, but that corrected itself within the first week of buying it. The problem I'm having, and maybe this is normal, is my rear springs are really squeaky. Even when I get into the truck the things squeak. If I stand on the rear bumper and bounce it up and down, it's sounds like a wedding night on a bad bed. Is this normal? I'm still in my warranty period, so if I need to, I can bring it in. Any insights would be appreciated.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

that's a new one -- take it to the dealer.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

I Had That Problem Too...Drove Me Insane....After Taking It To The Dealer With No Problem Solving By Them I Did A Lot Of Reading Here And Found Out My Problem Was The Bracket Right In Front Of The Rear Drivers Tire That Holds The 2 Emergency Brake Cables, The One Cable Was Rubbing Like Mad When The Suspension Flexed So I Took Out The 1 Bolt Adjusted The Gap And Shape Slightly With A Vise And A Bfh And Havent Heard A Squeak Yet. Hope This Helps
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

i get that same squeek but not all the time and as for the window on my way home today when i put the driver window down and its makin a clunk noise . i took the door apart and lubed everything , had it with no clunk then put it back togerter hit the auto down and damn if it didnt make the noise again. if u take ur truck in please let me know what they say is makin the noise in the rear :twisted:
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

My leaf springs get a little squeaky at times. It stopped after I installed the Boise leaf pack, but it is beginning to come back.

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

mine does it when under the same conditions. getting in and out . standing on bumper. its deff on the driver side. Im going to take a look at the ebrake bracket this weekend