warrenty is up in 30days.....

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

mouse1376
Regular
Regular

warrenty is up in 30days.....

Post by mouse1376 »

anytips, things i should get looked at when i bring it into the dealer? As well it just hit 30 miles what service should i do? thanks in advance.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

you've only gone "30 miles" in 3 years? :shock:

wanna trade?
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

barch97 wrote:you've only gone "30 miles" in 3 years? :shock:

wanna trade?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Take it to the dealer and tell them front end is making clunking and banging noises and just doesn't feel the same. You may end up with ball joints, idler and pitman arms, hub bearing assemblies. Or they may check all that stuff and say its fine.
I do plan on taking mine in shortly before the warranty is up for a thorough front end component inspection.

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
mouse1376
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse1376 »

thats a good plan! i will try to get some new ball joints

thanks
TheBigFitz
Crew
Crew

Post by TheBigFitz »

Check the CV joints for leaks in the boot, if you have one they will replace the entire CV joint. I also had a problem with the rear pinion seal around that time, check for a leak there.
[size=75]SOLD - 2" BL, BFGR 31x10.50 on American Racing Outlaw II Rims (15x7, 6" BS), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 1" Torsion Bar Adjustment, Rear add-a-leaf, Westin nerf bars & tail light guards, Genuine Steel grill guard, Tinted Windows, K&N Filter - SOLD

New Ride: 2006 Chevy Silverado SS[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Might be worth your time to take it in to YOUR alignment shop and have them check things. They can check the wheel bearings , ball joints, tie rods, idler arm, etc.
If they find something wrong then take it to the dealer with a statement from your alignment shop.

Some dealerships are not set up to check the front end and send it to an alignment shop to check for needed repairs.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Just did the warranty "thing" with the dealer that I purchased my crew from.

I went there because I noticed an inner cv boot slinging grease but, I had other problems I want to address. I called, made an appointment and typed a list of issues. Here they are:
Services requested under warranty.

1. Windshield wipers infrequently come to rest at approx. 1/3 of way up the wind shield. There no apparent difference in the increments of time, that they will “wipe” when on delay between slow and fast. This is totally different from my ‘97s actions.

2. Gas gauge goes wild after reaching ¼ tank full. After restarting at that point it may be anywhere from empty to ½ full. Ran out of fuel once and cannot depend on the low fuel warning light.

3. Driver’s side power window has failed four times since you replaced it on my first warranty service. All I know that it fails at the worse times and will work if I restart the truck or give it a friendly “thump” from my left hand. I hope this helps.

4. Transmission does a lot of weird up shifts and down shifts but, I understand that this maybe a software issue here and GM have updates.

5. I purchased a GM front aluminum shield and when I installed it, I noticed the front passenger side inner CV driveshaft boot was slinging grease. I understand that this may me a regular issue from my online research. Is it?

6. I have had strange vibrations when braking in left hand turns that seem to come from the left front.

7. I cannot get the tires properly balanced and understand that it is a Goodyear warranty issue. Any suggestions? Do I have any warranty, I wonder?

Results;

replaced the leaking cv boot(only)

update on computer for transmission shifting (they first told me I had all the latest updates until they determined that I wasn't at a basic level of computer literacy and knew how to look things up and suddenly they found an update)

They want the tire issue solved before they address the front left vibration

They could not duplicate the windshield wiper problem and couldn't fix it.

The replaced the motor on the power window issue.

Fair enough

They could not duplicate the gas gauge issue because I was at 3/4 tank.
:!:

Fair enough.

I told the service "adviser" I'd be back when tank was 1/4 full and let him have it back to drive home that day. He said he would. :lol:

I also advised him I would make sure to drive straight there the next time the wipers were "resting" half way up my windshield and he said that would also be fine.

I have a new mission in life :twisted:
Last edited by F9K9 on Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]