Is this what the Factory Hard Bed Cover looks like?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

Is this what the Factory Hard Bed Cover looks like?

Post by Jim »

Sorry about the bad focus.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sure looks like the pics that I have seen, and description of Hobie's.

He'll know for sure.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:Sure looks like the pics that I have seen, and description of Hobie's.

He'll know for sure.
Hobie is this the one you had? I didn't think the round lock cover looked like yours.
If it is the same as yours. Was it easy to open? Did you need the key every time or did it just latch? Was it water tight?
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
amxguy1970
Regular
Regular

Post by amxguy1970 »

is that called a fold-a-cover? it looks just like it, i can tell because of the two different locks on it, one at the front and one at the back. the gm one we had put on our turck, had it replaced twice(hail), it was a piece of crap. when i dropped it off the last time before i left for school, my best friend said he would get the fold-a-cover instead of the gm one, he said it is built, works, and locks better too. i am going home nextweekend to get it and check it out. when i left it, the sliding locks on the gm one, one was missing and the others would slide up and chipped paint away from the cab. the actual fold-a-cover has a locking system under the rail, unlike the gm sliding metal clips. and the corners are rounded instead of sharp metal. it looks identical, but its all the little things that make the fold-a-cover alot better then the gm one. and i think you will need the key everytime to open it(i haven't tried it yet), but it is easy, and i think it is very easy removable. and yes, it is water tight, unless you submerge it, but rain and stuff won't get in. i think all my trucks will have one of these, i just like how useful the cover is for what i am doing. i fold it up for big stuff, or close it and lock it for smaller semifragil stuff. anyways, sorry about the length, hope you enjoy it. if you have anymore questions, ill get back to you when i go home and see for my self! enjoy!
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya thats it alright. mine worked fine for me. no hail here :wink: no, not water tight but pretty darn tight. the only thing is that the rails that you are supposed to glue to the top of the bed frame rail....after a year, the glue came undone :( thats when i took it off and i was going to just bolt it down but instead i sold it
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

a2b wrote:ya thats it alright. mine worked fine for me. no hail here :wink: no, not water tight but pretty darn tight. the only thing is that the rails that you are supposed to glue to the top of the bed frame rail....after a year, the glue came undone :( thats when i took it off and i was going to just bolt it down but instead i sold it
I found new ones on Ebay for $175 + $40 shipping. But my dog needs a root canal so the $$$ will go towards that :(
Best Regards, Jim
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Jim wrote:I found new ones on Ebay for $175 + $40 shipping.
I haven't got a dog. LINK ME!!!
ZoSo

Post by ZoSo »

:twisted: WARNING DO NOT i REPEAT DO NOT LEAVE THESE FOLDING
COVERS UNLOCKED!

I was unloading my fishing gear when a wind gust blew the damn thing up and smashed my rear slider window. $747.00 for a new GM slider window
I learned my lesson always lock it and put something on it when unloading
Black S-10 Crew-Cab 2002

heated leather seats
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

ZoSo wrote:... a wind gust blew the damn thing up and smashed my rear slider window....
:yikes: bummer

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ZoSo wrote::twisted: WARNING DO NOT i REPEAT DO NOT LEAVE THESE FOLDING
COVERS UNLOCKED!

I was unloading my fishing gear when a wind gust blew the damn thing up and smashed my rear slider window. $747.00 for a new GM slider window
I learned my lesson always lock it and put something on it when unloading
There is something wrong in that thought, especially 750 for a back window. :!:

I have always wondered if a vehicle was bought by part what the total would be.

Anyway, am
sorry for your situation.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:!: For that kind of money , I would have bought one of these-

...and the window too for half the price of the GM slider.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote::!: For that kind of money , I would have bought one of these-

...and the window too for half the price of the GM slider.
Where is that "youngun'" now. Apparently not looking over your shoulder:)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]