noise from around the passenger floorboard area.

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

noise from around the passenger floorboard area.

Post by Swbari00 »

I have recently noticed a noise coming out of the passenger floor area (sorta behind the firewall). it sounds like maybe a heat shield is loose and rattling when i accelerate. sound familiar to anyone. Thanks!
SOLD! 2003 Zr5 black. Alpine CDA-9831 cd with iPod adapter, JL Audio VR650-CSi (6.5" componets in front doors), JL Audio 8 W-3, Sony 260G. Air box mod, Flowmaster 40 dual exhaust.

Now a Scion xD with lots of audio stuff!
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya didnt jim have this same problem. i forget what he did. email him and ask. until then, just turn the radio up :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

a2b wrote:ya didnt jim have this same problem. i forget what he did. email him and ask. until then, just turn the radio up :D
Sounds like the ballance shaft rattle, that & the hood hinge are the only noises I have had.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Swbari00 »

na not the shaft noise, already had it fixed. Its not so much of a rattle, but i think it might from the exhaust some how...
SOLD! 2003 Zr5 black. Alpine CDA-9831 cd with iPod adapter, JL Audio VR650-CSi (6.5" componets in front doors), JL Audio 8 W-3, Sony 260G. Air box mod, Flowmaster 40 dual exhaust.

a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Swbari00 wrote:na not the shaft noise, already had it fixed. Its not so much of a rattle, but i think it might from the exhaust some how...
hmmm, you have to give us more info for help. when does the rattle occur? bumps? how fast are you going, is the truck running when it happens? if not, its a rat :lol: are you turning? right or left?
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Swbari00 »

doesnt matter what direction i am going. it happens when i accelerate either from a stop or if i am already moving. The dealer said it was noise getting in through where i ran my power cable but the noise has always been there, its just more annoying now that i got my balance shaft noise fixed...

2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

humm I have a similar noise .. If you stop you hear it and if you accelerate quick you hear it.. I have checked everything.. It sound like a screw in a wooden box.. so the last thing i can think of is maybe i left a screw or something in my speaker box..
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]