2003 spare tire

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

What da heck is that spare? I didn't know any 4x4 would come with a temp spare??? Is it the same size at least?

Image[/img]
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Just one of the improvements for 2003. To justify the larger price tag. :roll:
melloyellow
Webhost
Webhost

Post by melloyellow »

quickbiker wrote:What da heck is that spare? I didn't know any 4x4 would come with a temp spare??? Is it the same size at least?
Nope. I am working on replacing that next week. I am going to go and buy a spare and wheel to put in there.
[size=75]2003 Yellow S10 Crew Cab ZR5: SuperLiner, PA192 Lift, 3 Leaf Kit, Bilsten Shocks, Yokohama GeoLander A/T + II, ARE IIsi Tonneau Cover with Wing[/size]
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

My 2000 ext cab 4x4 came with a temp spare too, I felt ripped off, but they are the same diameter/height as your stock tires. Just remember to always put the spare on the front even if it means moving a good front to the back in the event of a flat. The locker in the back will start to eat itself up with the temp spare on there, or it will blow the bead on the spare if it locks.

Chevy, where quality is number one :x
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

Just remember to always put the spare on the front even if it means moving a good front to the back in the event of a flat
how the hell could you do that? If you will have 2 tires off at the same time, you would need to jacks or have to carry a jack stand wherever you go

i should be one to talk...I don't carry a spare at all :roll:
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I can lift one whole side of mine using the emergency jack if you put it just right on the frame

But then again I have a full size spare, and open diff, so I could have a 22 inch wheel onone side and 15 ont he other and the truck wouldnt know
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

Justin wrote:
Just remember to always put the spare on the front even if it means moving a good front to the back in the event of a flat
how the hell could you do that? If you will have 2 tires off at the same time, you would need to jacks or have to carry a jack stand wherever you go

i should be one to talk...I don't carry a spare at all :roll:

if you have a flat in the rear,jack the front,remove good tire,put on spare,lower front,jack the rear put good tire on the rear and load flat into truck bed,its doing twice the work but worth it in the end
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

[quote="smokinjoe]
if you have a flat in the rear,jack the front,remove good tire,put on spare,lower front,jack the rear put good tire on the rear and load flat into truck bed,its doing twice the work but worth it in the end[/quote]

What he said, sorry I didn't chime in sooner, my computer has been acting funny lately and it wouldn't load reply pages for some reason :?:
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]