I hit someone in the crew :(

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I hit someone in the crew :(

Post by bubaloo1983 »

well guys i have some bad news :(

I was at the gym the other day and was backing out of a stall, at that time there was no one in the stall behind me, my friend came up to my window and started talking to me for about 5 minutes or so, after he left i just kept backing up....and right into a cadilac escalade!! I didnt even really hit it that hard but i took out his grill, emblem and bumber and part of his headlight. I went inside and found the guy whos trck it was and he was pretty nice about it. He said i could pay cash for the damages when he found out what it was. gave him my number and went home. well later that night i got a phone call from the same guy. he said he went to start his truck and it wouldnt go. said there was a bunch of fluid on the gournd underneath his truck. Something about the rad and tranny cooler. Anyway to make along story short i just got the bill at a nice 3800 bucks

so yah im pretty down. I dont really want to go through my insurance company as my rates will go through the roof so im kinda stuck paying it. So the crew is SOL right now is off the road :( and untill i can save up the money she sits in my driveway :(

anyway thought iw ould share my story have a better day guys lol :)
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sad story. You told us of the damage to his vehicle, but what about yours?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

sorry to hear that bub :(
when one crew is hurt we all hurt :cry:

prolly couldn't see him under your rear bumper :wink:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: I hit someone in the crew :(

Post by killian96ss »

bubaloo1983 wrote:I dont really want to go through my insurance company as my rates will go through the roof so im kinda stuck paying it.
$3800 is pretty high. :shock: Wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run just to pay slightly higher rates for a couple of years that the whole $3800 up front? :? Do you have a good driving record? One point for a non injury related accident isn't all that bad and shouldn't raise your rates too much. I know I couldn't absorb a sudden $3800 payment. :( BTW, what happened to the Crew?

Steve
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

Bumber has a scratch in it and thats it, not even a bloody dent! I honestly dont even know how i did so much damage, i barley hit the thing. One funny thing about the story is when i went back inside and talked to the guy and brought him out to look at the damage he asked me " how the heck did you hit it up there?" i pointed at my truck and he was like " OH" lol. made me laugh at the time. I do have a clean driving record, but when i called about my rates going up the way they put it sounded brutal. Im at 20 percent discount right now and will drop to zero and move up. so i think that why it will be so much more then im paying now. something like 2000 more a year. :(

And a quik tidbit to add to this that i cant even believe my girlfriend just got off the phone with me and she just rearended someone! man what a week! Her car is a 1995 dodge stratus though. at least its not another crew lol. oh well i guess things happen i just have to sit down and figure out what to do with it. With my girl friend hitting someone now i may have to be the one that has the car on the road.
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

sorry to hear about you bad luck bubaloo1983 hope everything works out for ya
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Justin, did you have a ball hitch in your receiver at the time? That could've easily punched through his grill and radiator.

I would get a second estimate to be safe tho.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

so, escalades are pretty tough up front, huh? :roll:

I certainly don't envy your possition. maybe give your insurance co a call and see what they recommend. I'm guessing they don't adjust your rate unless you (or the other guy) actually make a claim. they'll probably tell you exactly how much the claim will effect you.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i didnt have a ball hitch just one of those gmc inserts.

The guy made the claim through the insurance corp due to the high damage. so i have to go though them. only diference is if i pay it out i dont have rates go up. where as if i leave it they do. also a side not some of you might not know y\that in british columbia canada there is only one insurance company by law. ICBC. so its the only place everyone has insurance with. kinda sucks :(

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Might I suggest, looking into the rear view camera that 04crewvt installed. :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

HenryJ wrote:Might I suggest, looking into the rear view camera that 04crewvt installed. :mg:
That probably would have looked right over the top of the Escalade. :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Just looked at your rig in gallery, you would have gotten a great look on the face of the driver with my backup camera. Looks like it would stare right into his windshield. You might have to mount the camera a wee bit lower than I did for full effectivenesss :wink:

Sorry to hear about your problems, but you now know Escalades are for show not for go :bounce:
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

Yah i could use one of those thats for sure.

Well i decided to go with paying it out, I got the info from the insurance company and my rates over time will be to much a month, at least with the crew. If i had an old beater it might be a different story. So im stuck paying it. But oh well. Life goes on I guess. turns out my girlfriends smack was justa fender bender, so we are going to use her car for awhile.

Thanks for the thoughts guys :D

Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

that sure stinks , but ICBC does aswell , I don't think american's realize how much more we (canadians / vancouver) pay for insurance . it is insane .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

there we go a follow bc er :) yep icbc blows lol.

SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

That sucks Bubba. Maybe you could get a copy of the parts list and go with non oem parts? Just a thought.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Gee, makes me think if I should fix something up for backing up. I can't see much, especially with my spare tire on the back. Ugh.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

I suggest getting a second estimate. Who quoted $3800? From what I know, it is usually advisable to get two or three estimates. Body shops do vary quite a bit.
[size=75]Tom (Knight) Houston, TX
2005 BlazeR2 (still have)
2013 Avalanche LTZ (Z71 front end and flares/0
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
2006 Avalanche Z71 (sold)
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Not to steal your thread or anything Bubaloo, but i had a blowout today and did some damage to the bed of my truck :cry: The ironic part is that I was on my way to Phoenix to get some new shoes for the truck. :?:
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

That harsh sucks :( i feel your pain!

Well guys my truck should be off the road for about 6 months :( brutal eh?? i think i will just wax it every day to keep it alive :D lol

i already miss it! i sit so low in my girlfriends car!

i will keep you all posted :)