Hitch Test?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Rusty

Hitch Test?

Post by Rusty »

Think I might be overdoing the tongue weight a bit?

Actually, it handled it pretty good, all things considered.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Just Put The Tractor At The Back Of The Trailer....That Should Shift Things Around A Little :lol:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I hope that is just a shadow , and not a big dent in the front part of your front fender :shock:

A little less tongue weight might be a good idea. I'd try with the tractors rear axle just behind the trailers axle centerline.
You will have the saggy rear look no matter how little tongue weight you have though. They are just soft in the rear.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:I hope that is just a shadow , and not a big dent in the front part of your front fender :shock:

No, unfortunately, that IS a dent. It would have been much worse if it weren't for the grille guard that used to be on the front. In fact the grille guard's flexing from the impact is what caused the dent. You should have seen the Ranger I hit. I was definitely totalled.

The tractor really doesn't weigh all that much. Maybe 1500-1800lb max. I had to put it that far forward because it was the only way I could tie it down enough that it would move and besides I didn't have to go very far with it. I do wish I had done something about the "Boise Spring Works" overload springs though.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

not too too bad. its better to have it too foward than too behind.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

So, just to get off topic a bit! :P This pic brings back up an old topic. Since you had the CC trailering your Cub, why didn't you take it to HOOTERS to take the pic!!!??? :lol: :lol:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Pauleo wrote:So, just to get off topic a bit! :P This pic brings back up an old topic. Since you had the CC trailering your Cub, why didn't you take it to HOOTERS to take the pic!!!??? :lol: :lol:
Aww nuts! I forgot all about that! :?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I bet Mrs Rusty didn't :rant:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

f9k9 wrote:I bet Mrs Rusty didn't :rant:
:lol:
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Aww, shucks! :lol:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

HenryJ wrote:You will have the saggy rear look no matter how little tongue weight you have though. They are just soft in the rear.

This reminds me of another post concerning a "droopy rear" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roflmao: :roflmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

You can go to the doc and get that fixed. :moon:
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]