Hello Everybody!

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

SonomaCrewCab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Everybody!

Post by SonomaCrewCab »

Hey! I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris.

I just bought an 03 Sonoma Crew Cab. So far I LOVE it. My only tiny complaint is of the gas mileage. I have owned 4 bangers my whole life and have to adjust to this V6 thing. :lol: This is my first ever 4x4 and I look forward to doing some moderate 4x4ing with it.

I look forward to being a member of this board and must say I was very excited to see a forum board dedicated to the crew cabs.

Here is my new ride:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Welcome aboard neighbor! That is a very good looking truck! Looks like Edmarks lot in the Idaho Center Auto Mall. I bought my truck from Scott Larsen when they were on the boulevard.

Glad you took the time to join. There are a ton of modifications that can be made to improve performance, but very few to improve mileage.

If you plan on some offroading, I would suggest scrounging some shields first thing. The volcanic rock around this area could have a negative effect on undercarriage components.
If you are comfortable with walking a salvage yard, check out Dillon Salvage on Caldwell Blvd. . Third row back to your left there was a Blazer with shields. I leaned the front shield next to the passenger side where the door is missing. They do not inventory shields , so you will have to get them yourself. You may have to scrounge brackets. I wasn't watching for them when I saw the shields. It was really dirty/oily and had some minor damage, but is serviceable.

A little searching on this site will yield more than you ever want to do. :wave:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Hello Hello
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

[IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k

Post by 04crewvt »

Welcome
You will find a great resource here for all your needs from mild to wild. It only takes a little work to be able to take on trails like this.
ImageImage ImageShields were a necessity for this obstacle and a great place to start with the mods that will help you off road and a mostly stock truck has no problems with water like this.So if you want take it off road go for it.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
SonomaCrewCab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SonomaCrewCab »

Thanks guys! I will keep the shields in mind.

Yep, good job HenryJ. That is the Edwards car lot in Nampa.
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

:wave: Welcome to the addiction!!!! :nana:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Welcome as well.

I sure wish I had those silver accessories instead of the all black on my truck. I think they look sooooo much nicer, although how they would match with the yellow of mine is debatable. The hood is definately much nicer on the sonoma models.

I also think with a few small mods, you can get some of that milage back. In general they aren't terrible, but getting a MPG or two back never hurts, and it can help towards the overall performance as well.

Stick around, do some reading, you'll catch on quick!
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]