Too Much Money to Off Road a CC! 4 Sale Soon!!!!!!!

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Too Much Money to Off Road a CC! 4 Sale Soon!!!!!!!

Post by F9K9 »

I am looking at dumping the ol' yellow bus and looking at a package deal that includes ab '04 HD2500, '77 CJ7 with a built up 360 ci engine and a gooseneck trailer. I can't begin to list the mods on the CJ but, my real question is what are your thoughts about selling my individual mods or just letting them go with my truck. I have one offer of 12K for my truck with the mods.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I guess the real question is whether or not you want to part with the CC or not after all of the work you have put into it! I would tend to believe that you could get a little bit more than 12 grand for the CC too. How many miles do you have? And yours is a 2002, right? If not, in my opinion, I would start pullin' parts and selling them individually. The HD2500 is a great truck! The Jeep sounds fun too... I guess you just have to weigh your options and do what you think is best.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I am at under 25K on the "bus". No garage to start yanking stuff is a concern this time of year. Thanks for the input BobbleSmitty :!:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I apologize if, I carried this prank out too long (<2 hrs)! Actually, I don't intend to sell the "bus". :) I picked up a 1994 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) today. I have watched the gentleman (he lives a block away) wash, wax, and service the thing for years. He tows it to FL each year with his RV. I don't know a thing about heeps but, it is a 4.0 high output sport model with 182K. AT, power everything and zero rust. I was kind of hesitant about spending $1,400 for leather seats that were not heated, the AC that is not ice cold and the head liner is discolored but, I accepted the deal anyways. :D For $1400 if, I roll the sucker (after a few mods), I'll walk on out of the woods and never look back :lol:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

An excellent choice. Now you can leave the daily driver alone and satisfy your automotive interests on a toy. A Jeep should be a good choice. there are tons of parts available for them. That usually equals cheap.

Spring lift to fit 35's , shields and sliders. Those would be first on my research list.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

F9 I'd be sad to see your truck go, just like i am anyones on here. but at least you're getting a wheeler and a daily driver out of it.
i too think you should get more then $12,000 out of the crew. you've got a ton of mods and very little millage on that truck. i'd throw a price tag out there around $15,000 and see if anyone bites. whatever you do, please let us know!
~Ben
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

geez looks like you me and HJ all were writing posts at the same time.....LOL, that's a good one.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I don't normally apologize for a prank but, this is my second one for this prank :wink:

It will be interesting to mess with the XJ. The multi million dollar price over run on the basket will have to be made interchangeable now :lol:. No mods for the XJ now. I need to finish up on the CC's stuff before anything is done to the XJ. I am just beginning a search for a decent forum that possesses 1/10th of the knowledge found here.

I ain't going anywhere for awhile. You guys need someone to make fun of :wink:
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Ehhh.....glad I went back and read the rest of this thread before I hit submit one priceline. :P You were about to have an unhappy visitor. :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Walt wrote:Ehhh.....glad I went back and read the rest of this thread before I hit submit one priceline. :P You were about to have an unhappy visitor. :lol:
I should have and normally would have PMed u about the prank but, these things make modding our CC look like a no brainer. :lol: 5' BDL. 6"SL or 2" BL versus......? Have no clue on the variations with the XJ :wink: I knew that they could be quick. We had several in our fleet with the law enforcement package and was impressed with them. I didn't want a test drive it but, the gentleman insisted so, I handed him my wallet and CC keys thinking that was collateral enough but, he climbed in with me. The steering was as vague as I remember but, it had some decent power. I couldn't do much with him with me and I know he was on the back side of 70 probably pushing 80. Mrs. Hoff has already expressed an interest in wheeling it so, that in itself makes it worth the price.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
--Walt
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Doing a little lurking in the highly recommended http://www.naxja.org/forum/ and from what I can tell in a short time is that they recommend armor first before lift. Seeing that I paid over $500 for my rock sliders from Chris/cknaffle......

I plan on getting these for the XJ. I checked with Chris and he says that they are decent with good materials and doesn't know how he is selling them for $215

Purchase two and three looks like these from the same seller and really reasonably priced. $269 for the front and $199 for the first rear bumper photo on up to $599 for the stage 3 but, my basket will hold the spare and Hi-Lift.

Link't oversized image-HJ
ImageImage

Suspension lift looks like it will be a 3.5" but, have not really settled on which one yet.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Wow....I wonder if he'd make those for the CC for $215.... :)
--Walt
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

when you go to lifting the jeep....look at rancho's kits, too!! i had a wrangler that i lifted with a rancho kit....just a bolt on spring lift.!!! and........................i just might be able to help ya!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Walt wrote:Wow....I wonder if he'd make those for the CC for $215.... :)
I doubt that it would go anywhere BUT, if, no silly member mentions "ZR5" or "CC" after someone pioneers sliders for an extended cab ZR2.....it might be feasible. I for one will not participate w/o Cknaffles permission. I would ask Chris if, it would be OK to even contact that seller. I know Chris lost his butt on doing the ZR5's sliders. I did some mild questioning of the seller and Chris is up to date with it.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:I know Chris lost his butt on doing the ZR5's sliders.
CKnaffle wrote:Making sliders for ZR5 pickups, non-Z Blazers and pickups in the past was a big mistake and I won't do it again.
Hmmm, I Guess We Now Have Some "RARE" Sliders Being As Far As I Know He Only Made The 2 Sets For The ZR5's.

I Wonder How Much I Can Get On Ebay For These :lol:

Chris If Your Reading This I'm Joking I Wouldn't Trade Or Sell My Sliders And I Appreciate All Your Hard Work That Went Into The Design And Making Of Them :thumb:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe