Drove the ZR5 today.....

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Drove the ZR5 today.....

Post by 2kwik4u »

For the first time since late October. Mom had been in town from Vegas, and was driving that while I'd been driving everything from my Xtreme, to my uncles '90 Jeep Wrangler (lifted with 33's), to my buddys '92 Typhoon.....Nice to be back in the heated seats, and decent riding suspension. I remember now, why I got it, and am glad to have it back. I am kinda tweaked that all my presets were changed, and the truck has a hint of a smokey smell. Mom smokes, but told me several times she wasn't smoking in it, I trust her, and imagine the slight smell is from her smoking, and then getting right in afterwards. It'll go away here soon I hope.....Still glad to have it back though :D

Nothing important, just thought I'd share :D :D
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

Lol, glad you enjoyed it!

The smokey smell could be from her clothes. That stench will get in anything, and if her clothes smell like it and she's sitting on your seats... *poof* instant eau de ashtray.
[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Grab a bottle of Febreze and spray everything down. That should help neutralize the smell.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I have one of These. I use it in my home ,our trucks, and I have taken it to the office to blast our blue print room to knock the funky smell out. Their not cheap but if you detail cars or do home inspections they can pay for themselves.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

HenryJ wrote:Grab a bottle of Febreze and spray everything down. That should help neutralize the smell.
Febreeze work on leather?!??!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

2kwik4u wrote:
HenryJ wrote:Grab a bottle of Febreze and spray everything down. That should help neutralize the smell.
Febreze work on leather?!??!!
As with any treatment, try it in an inconspicuous area to make sure it will not stain the material.
The answer is , Yes. Be sure to spray the headliner, carpet, etc. Anywhere the contamination may reside that is giving off the offensive odor.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I find this entire thread quite derogatoryImage

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Ohio just passed an entire state wide smoking ban in restaurants, bars, bowling alleys, ect.... I like it!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

HenryJ wrote:
2kwik4u wrote:
Febreze work on leather?!??!!
As with any treatment, try it in an inconspicuous area to make sure it will not stain the material.
The answer is , Yes. Be sure to spray the headliner, carpet, etc. Anywhere the contamination may reside that is giving off the offensive odor.
Kinda what I was thinking....Gonna treat the leather this weekend too to try, and quell that smell a bit.